Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #1  

Default I Need Advise Please New To This Forum THANKS

Hello:
I would greatly appreciate any help. I just happened to find this site while looking up information. Not sure if I am doing this correctly so feel free to let me know.
Two weeks ago I started the Nutrisystem Diet. I'm not knocking it as it has been so easy to use..and I'm OK with the food. I have to lose 50#'s and frankly I just don't want to invest the money it would entail..It's just so convenient. I like WW's but for now it isn't something I want to do..weigh, measure go to meetings etc. My question is as follows: Has anyone done somnething that resembles NS but can be bought in the grocery store.
I will admit I haven't searched through here yet..
It's going to be a very long journey as I didn't put on the weight in two weeks...BTW I am on the NS plan that has less salt..and eating six times a day. Thanks so much...looking forward to any help you can give me..
I wish for all of you a very Healthy and Happy New Year..
Warm Regards..
Lynnwants2bthinagain!
Lynnwants2bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

At the store you will find Lean Cuisine. Healthy Choice and Michelina's Lean Gourmet as well as others in the Frozen Food Section. You can find sugar free cereals, low fat cheeses , non fat yogurt in other parts of the store. These are items that take no longer to prepare than your NutriSystems foods.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome Lynn.

I'm pretty sure you'll find some help and suggestions here.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...craig-etc-194/

And you can always just ask ... we're happy to help!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/207.5/150

Height: 5'6

I was on NS and after awhile I just couldn't afford it. The frozen entries are a really good choice and just counting calories. I am new here and I don't feel I should be giving a lot of advice, but I was on NS and found that I could spend less at the store. NS is convenient but you could incorporate fresh foods in place of the pre-packaged meals.
My3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

Smile

I'm a broke college student and I can't afford NS... I usually can't even afford the Lean Cuisines!! I keep my food budget under control by eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables (I make a 5 minute trip to the store every 2 or 3 days for fresh produce, but you could just get frozen produce too!). If you just get the produce that's on sale that week, you'll spend way less than buying a lot of prepackaged foods. It's a lot better for your health and for the environment! And back to the college student thing - I have very little free time, but I still cook somewhat. If you don't do it regularly, it's intimidating at first... But just get some lean chicken breast, fish, lots of veggies that you can stir fry, brown rice. You can make lots of soups, too, so you can put everything in the pot and then have soup to eat for the rest of the week.

Even if you can't cook all your meals, even just replacing a few Lean Cuisines a week will help the budget.
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 AM   #6  

Default How To Mimic Nutrisystem Diet

Thanks so much for all of your advise. Yes this diet is extremely expensive because you must add veggies and salads...some type of protien such as cottage cheese or yougurt etc. So not only is it appproximately $330.00 per month but all the other foods add up. Next month I am going to study carefully the information on each meal..breakfast..lunch and dinner and see if I can come up with something that is equally as easy and the same amount of calories etc. I just feel like there is a huge mountain and I'm looking up at it..and it's hard to get to the top..I keep saying that same thing..but if I don't do it now I will never do it.
Once again I wish for all of you a very HEALTHY and Happy New Year..Hugs..
Lynnwants2bthinagain!!!
p.s. thanks for the welcome post I appreciate it..as I appreciate all of you who took the time to answer my post..
Old 12-31-2009, 02:29 PM   #7  

Default Seattle Sutton Healthy Eating

Hi Everyone:
Tomorrow I will order one more month of Nutrisystem..then will switch to something else...I know Seatle Sutton is expensive but wonder if you have tried it...also I asked before but will ask again..Besides Lean Cusine is there another substitute or mimic diet to NS?
Happy and HEALTHY New Year To All Of You.
Lynnwants2bthinagain
Old 12-31-2009, 09:19 PM   #8  
Weigh Down Yonder

Lynn,
I don't know the answer to that - but while I was reading your posts, I thought that this might be a question you could ask on the NutriSystem forum. Perhaps someone there could be of help since they would be most familiar with the plan. Maybe not, but it couldn't hurt to try there.
Good luck to you,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:02 AM   #9  

leeway:
I am such a knob..lol..and will have to find out where this forum is..Did you mean here? Happy New Year...
Lynn
Old 01-02-2010, 05:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You found it! Good work.

You are not a knob!! This is a big place. If you need any thing, just ask.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote