Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-25-2009, 02:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/256/160

Default I'm ready to make a change in my life!

Hi everyone. My name i gabby and I am 21 years old. My current weight is 256 lbs! Sometimes i feel like i don't even know where all this weight came from. I have always been over weight but i became very over weight after high school. I'm rite now in a point in my life where i am stressing about how i look and how big i am. I don't feel comfortable anymore in my clothes. I feel like everything looks horrable on me and no1 is looking at me anymore. I'm also stating to feel very very unhealthy. I'm always tired, don't ever want to do anything because all i want to do is stay in and sleep and lay around the house. It's has gotten so bad. I'm almost starting to get into depression mode
I find myself not focusing in my classes anymore because i feel so uncomfortable and sometimes I feel like every1 is staring at me and the fact that i am obese! I'm still young and I can not imagine living the rest of my life like this. I feel like my problem is that I don't eat rite. I eat all the wrong things and don't drink enough water. I have started diets in the past but i always find myself giving up. I found this site and reading success stories is giving me motivation to do this! I hope i can do this and reach my goal! I really want this!
gbenz1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:06 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:19 AM   #3  

Thank you so much!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:34 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You're very welcome
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

darn you live so far from me if you lived near me i would have you come to the gym with me cause i need a workout partner and i know hwo you feel when you get the feeling that everyone is staring at you because they are idiots that have nothing else to stare at I mean why stare at me? stare at your freaking self lol i know how your feeling right now that is why i took this semester off of school to focus on myself and make a change before i head back to school and be comfortable with myself before i head back to school next semester pm me some time cause i feel that we are comming from the same situation and just need some support to become healthy
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Look around and find a plan that you think will work for you (I'm a calorie counter -- lots of folks have success with CCing but there are other approaches that work for other people).

Welcome and good luck!!!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/294/Goal190

Height: 5ft5

Default At last????

Anyone ever feel like a failure before they even start? I am so bad. Everyday I start the day fine, then make a bad food choice and then say I will start again tomorrow. Vicious cycle every day. Need motivation girls. Feel like me life is not worth it anymore. I have been such an idiot. Only thing keeping me here is my son.
atlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:22 AM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

Gabby -- Welcome to 3FC. You are so smart to make this lifestyle change as a young woman. College is a time of reinvention and discovery, so this is a perfect time to reinvent this aspect of your life as well. What worked for me was starting small--making one change at a time in my diet. I started out by packing my lunch (which might be hard since you're in school). Then I started changing out junk food for fruit. Then cutting down on diet Coke. Little by little, it started to make a difference. You can do this!

AtLast-- Welcome to 3FC! You are in the right place. Keep reading, and for inspiration, go to the Goals section and take a look at the before/ after pictures. It's truly amazing, but what it really made me realize that this is really an achieveable thing. It really, really is. If they can do it, so can I and so can you.

One thing I noticed about your post is that you throw away the entire rest of the day if/when you make a bad food choice. Perfection is the enemy of progress, my friend. If your only choices are "perfection" and "failure", then that's a pretty narrow road. How about aiming for "better" for awhile? Make a change you can stick to, such as cutting out potato chips. If you make it mostly through the day and then eat a few chips, does that mean you're a failure? Nope. It means you veered slightly off plan, but you can still close the bag and continue your good eating habits. I realized early on that I was using the need for perfection as an excuse to return to eating the junk I wanted for the rest of the day (or the weekend). So I don't aim for perfection anymore. I am for making good food choices at least 80% of the time. Sometimes I do better, sometimes it's a struggle to get to 80%. But really, don't use one bad decision as a reason or excuse to throw all caution to the wind and eat what you want for the rest of the day.

Hang in there, both of you. Stay here and read, read, read. You will quickly learn that this isn't magic and it's not some mysterious thing that only others can achieve--healthy eating and slimmer bodies are available to all of us. How encouraging!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #9  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Gabby!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained!

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

Gabby, how great that you are evaluating your life and your health now - I only wish I had been that smart and brave when I was your age - even though it seems like it's not possible, it is - so many have done it and are doing it - they're all here with you right now!
AtLast There are so many here who have been (or are) where you are right now and feel as you do - the key to not letting it discourage you or using it to give up. Windchimes gave the right advice. No one gets it right all the time - the difference in the ones that succeed is that they don't look back only forward and know that the past does not define or determine the future. IT"S UP TO YOU - you decide how to deal with it. READ THE SUCCESS STORIES - their victories can be yours!

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you're in the right place at the right time to help with this challenge - not only yours but ours! Good luck to you both!

Last edited by leeway; 10-26-2009 at 12:32 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 AM   #10  

Thanks Eveyone! you are all so kind and welcoming!

Cheerios.. I wish I lived near you because I can really Use a workout buddy! I want to join a gym, but I really don't want to go by myself. So for now I'm just walking the treadmill until i lose some weight and feel comfortable with myself. And I was thinking about taking a semester off just so I Can Focus On me and losing weight. Maybe i'll take next semester off.

Windchime and leeway thank you for the advice and encouragement! I could really use advice like that because when it comes to dieting I really have no idea in how to eat healthy. But I really am trying to stay away from junk food and things with a lot of sugar. And Bread, i'm trying to cut back on that. I really do need to start putting in more fruits and veggies in my diet because I don't eat enough. It's really hard though I have to say. I found myself so hungry last night before I went to bed. I wanted so bad to go downstairs and eat anything and everything. But I fought the urge... thank goodness.. I ate my last meal at 6pm and at bedtime I was starving again. Bedtime for me is like midnight.

Does anyone have advice on what I can snack on if I'm feeling starved? I am not an expert when it comes to dieting so I can really use any advice anyone has.

I'm really trying hard to do this rite and not give up..

Last edited by gbenz1988; 10-27-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:12 AM   #11  

Bedtime- If not midnight then later.. it's already 2:10am rite now..

Last edited by gbenz1988; 10-27-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #12  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Heya Gabby,

I'm new to the forum too. Welcome and good luck.

I noticed something about your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenz1988 View Post
... I feel like everything looks horrable on me and no1 is looking at me anymore....

...I find myself not focusing in my classes anymore because i feel so uncomfortable and sometimes I feel like every1 is staring at me and the fact that i am obese! ...
This struck me - you feel that no one is looking at you, but you also feel that everyone is staring at you. I think this highlights that your self-image is paramount.

You are doing the right thing getting this under control while you are quite young. Just remember that it's not for other people but for yourself. And best of luck.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #13  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Welcome, and best of luck on your journey. You will find great support here.

I follow the Mediterranean diet, I couldn't recommend it enough for people who are looking to eat the right foods for heath. It focuses on whole foods, and wholegrains, so basically you are eating an abundance of fruit and veg, fish and wholegrains.

Of course it's important to find an eating plan and diet that suits your individual lifestyle. I also think weight watchers and the south beach are good, effective, sensible, and most important of all HEALTHY diets.

As regards not eating the right thing and snacking, I recommend keeping raw nuts and fruits, raisins etc never far from your reach, that way you'll be less tempted to eat bad sugars and white carbs.

Again best of luck!

Sarah
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:55 AM   #14  

yes meaning no1 is looking at me in like a good way but only in a negative way.. that is what i meant
Old 10-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #15  
yoovie

You can do it!!!