Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297.8/275.8/180

Height: 5' 7"

Default On the Brink...

Hi everyone! I'm five weeks into my first ever diet. I'm 21 years old, and have been overweight for most of my life. I started college in fall 2007. Unlike the cliché that college students get the “Freshman 15,” I unfortunately got the “Freshman 50!” as a result of a new found love of fast food, particularly Taco Bell. Having a desk job did not make it any better, with easy access to the candy jar. I have lost about half of what I gained in the past two years. I just came out of a plateau, which is EXTREMELY discouraging!  But I’m back up on the track again.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!
april rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! I hear ya! I gained the freshman 40 then after college gained like 30 more! To top it all off I was already like 30 lbs overweight to begin with! BUT I've lost the first 29- only 71 to go! If I can do it so can you
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/135/133

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on busting through that plateau.
LovelyComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello, April, and welcome! I wish you the best on your weight loss journey,

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #6  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

Hey girl welcome! im a hoosier too, do you goto PU? I live in indy now and am 30 lol but i remember college fairly well and my neice is a soph in bloomington. Good luck If you ever wanna chat let me know
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:12 AM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi april rain - here's to getting back on track!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained!

There are lots of people here with more to lose and lots with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome aboard - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 297.8/275.8/180

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes! I am definitely excited about being here. I was looking at some of the success stories, and it really helped me to become more grounded in my weight loss journey.

I have been on forums before, but never for support lol Thank you again for the warm welcomes.

srr728- I am a former PU student lol. I now attend Ivy Tech, which was MUCH easier on my wallet and my mind lol

lovelycomplex- thanks! and to bust through, i did the unthinkable - increase my calories. which has actually helped me lose more weight. next week im going back down to my norm.
april rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey! You're in college! Me too! I understand the great freedom of being able to eat fast food and have a meal plan at the buffet style cafeterias... thankfully I'm in my own apartment now and I have to cook my own food, as well as I stopped eating out a few months ago and have seen vast changes.

Being in college probably means that you probably have a discount rate for the student gym, or it's already paid for by your activities fee. Most of the time the gyms have free fitness classes planned. Check it out. I always buy a pass to our gym for the winter semester (fall semester I'm usually doing things outside instead).

Good luck with your goals and see you around!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #10  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Hi, April Rain. You've chosen an excellent place to find support. Personally, I've found that jumping into a challenge is a great way to hold myself accountable. That, and every day, sometimes multiple times a day, I confess in the Daily Food and Exercise Confessions thread. Another great resource is the success stories and before/after pictures. They're so inspiring.

Let me add what I'm sure you already know - that nobody can do this for you but you, though we're all more than willing to help you along in this journey. Today is the day and you deserve it. My weapon of choice has been calorie counting, drinking lots of water, and working out. If you can't get to the gym, I'd recommend looking into the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels (or other similar DVD workouts that you can do in your home). It's funny how when I'm not working on getting healthy, my brain tells me that I don't want to workout and that I don't like it. And the moment I actually do workout, I remember how much I love it.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote