Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #1  

Default Hi...new here.

This seems like a great online community.

Right now I am at my highest weight ever...and that includes when I was pregnant. I belong in the 300+ group. I am also a vegetarian. I'm tired of losing and then gaining it right back.
squishymom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #2  

Welcome squishymom! I'm new here also, but have managed to lose 3lbs last week just by checking in on these forums for support! This really is a great site.

As a former vegetarian (I'm back on the meat - I actually feel better when I'm incorporating some meat in my diet), I know how hard it is to give up the potatoes/cheese/pasta (big staples) but it can be done! Good luck to you and I hope you achieve your goals.
twinklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:17 AM   #4  
on a journey

This is a great place to find yourself again. Welcome to the board.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #5  

Thanks for the welcome messages. I just have one question....I see many have lost an amazing amount of weight. HOW? Was it a particular diet plan (south beach, etc) or just watching every bite you take? What about exercise.
squishymom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #6  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

I think most of the people here who have lost the weight haven't used diets so much as lifestyle changes. Good old-fashioned calorie counting and exercising for the win. ^^ I'm not sure what everybody does for exercise or if there are certain foods they don't eat at all. Personally, I don't not eat anything. I just keep a close eye on what I'm eating and how many calories it has, that sort of thing. A great tool for that is FitDay. The last, and perhaps most important, thing is to give it time. At 1lb a week, you'd lose 52 lbs a year.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #7  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! I'm glad you're here! Surf around and settle in!

Check out the 300 Club, the 100 lb Club and our Vegetarian thread! There are accountability threads scattered around 3FC, especially in the 100 lb Club, where you can see how people's plans shape up. Remember that you don't have to have all the answers for you right away. Maybe small changes, like recording calories, are a good way to start.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #8  
Weigh Down Yonder

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained!

There are lots of people here with more to lose and lots with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome aboard - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote