Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5

Default New to the site...

Hey, everyone. I was visiting the website, and I have to say the reason I signed up a few minutes ago was simply because of the number of responses everyone gets. This place is simply RADIATING encouragement.

I'm 22 years old. I'm extremely overweight. I have always been a "chunky kid". My freshman year of high school, I decided enough was enough--I went to 3 Weight Watchers meetings, but stuck with the program for over half a year and lost 50 pounds. Got down to 147...my size 14 American Eagle courdoroy pants (my faves for 2 years) were actually loose on me, at my lowest point.

At the end of the school year the following year, my Odyssey of the Mind team was allowed to participate in World Finals competition. This was an exciting time for me, there was a senior boy that I liked (and it appeared he liked me), I was loving life, friends, and having a great time. Having such a great time, in fact, that I stopped packing my lunches of cold green beans, peanut butter graham crackers, turkey sandwiches, and the like, and started buying the 50 cent Little Debbie cakes for sale in the school cafeteria. Gradually I started gaining weight back. By the time I graduated high school, I was back up to 180.

I suffered from depression my first year of college. The year after, I suffered from not knowing what I wanted to do with my life. Then, I got a full-time high pressure job (with no degree, no experience). The job consumed me. Destroyed a lot of my plans. It took a lot of tears and sleepless nights for me to finally realize that what I needed to do was step down from the director-level position I was in and go back to school.

I was just recently accepted to BYU Idaho. My mom was diagnosed with diabetes last week. I know, those two things sound totally unconnected...but I know if I don't make changes now, I could be looking at the same sort of medical issues later on in life. And I'd like to make those changes so that I'm able to enjoy my time at BYU-I. My weight is higher than it's ever been. I need to make some changes. I *know* what to do. I just have to make myself do it...and I don't think I can do it alone. I want to get help for myself, and hopefully help some other people as well. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Nizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #2  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Hi, Nizz. My name's Jessica and I just joined, myself, a few days ago. But I think it's already one of the best decisions I could have made. Every one is so nice and helpful and there is no end to the support and encouragement. There's literally a forum for every time of person along their weight loss journey. I love the challenge threads and the photo albums of people who have achieved their goals. (Both long and short term.) ^^
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you joined us!

This IS a wonderful site. Come back often so we get to know you
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Nizz!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained!

There are lots of people here with more to lose and lots with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

There are so many of us here who can certainly identify with your story. YOU CAN DO THIS! I am impressed by your determination and your grasp of the big picture (no pun intended - well, maybe) - I know you will be successful in reaching your goal.

So welcome aboard - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #6  

This is a great forum- I think you'll really like it.
BlondeWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #7  

Good luck, Nizz. Checking in on this forum regularly has really helped me stick to my plan - I'm sure it will help you too. Time seems to go so slowly when you are trying to lose weight, but so quickly when you are gaining (how is it October and I'm still fat??!) but it is almost fun losing weight with so many others on this site. Welcome!
twinklebug is offline   Reply With Quote