Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #1  
I can and will.

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Height: 5'9"

Talking Here we go again

Hello Everyone, My name is Shawna I am a working mother of 2 young children. My husband works construction and is gone a lot, and guess what I like to do in my spare time?! Eat. Yep I am a boredom eater. I fill the little bit of time I do get to myself by sitting either here on the computer or in front of the TV shamelessly eating cookies, chips, fresh white bread... Did I mention I am also a carboholic?

I haven't always been like this, I am a smart person. I once finished a nutrition course at the top of my class. However knowing it and using that knowledge have proved to very different things. Yep I know that I should not eat this bag of ruffles but I'll start my diet tomorrow. The proverbial "tomorrow" has been the death of many many healthy lifestyles.

That is what I am here for today not a diet but a big fat change to my life. I wants hobbies, I want healthy food, I want to chase my kids around the yard without feeling like my chest is on fire. I used to love basketball, badminton, biking, swimming and walking among other things, when did I trade that in for a chick flick and a box of chocolate chip cookies?!

I've even done it before, joined a group and dove into a crash diet dropped the majority of the weight and then somehow one morning I woke up and all this fat was back... What the ****?!

As you may gather from my user name this is my third time around and this time dammit I'm gonna make it stick. I'm not hiding the fact that I'm trying to lose weight anymore, I'll tell anyone that will listen that I'm going to get in shape, maybe this way I'll be less tempted to cheat with all my friends and family there waiting and watching for my success.

Long story short I want to look and feel healthy and I want to set a good example for my family... oh BTW did I mention I really want to go on the Jamaican Vacation my husband promised me when I beat the nasty 2 double 0 number? 199 = Jamaica Time!

Thanks for reading I can't wait to get to know you all, and remember NOTHING tastes as good as skinny feels!
ThirdTimesACharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Shawna and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

The best thing I've found is learning a hobby that will keep your hand busy- I've recently taken up crocheting! No time to snack!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #4  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Welcome Shawna, Glad you decided to joing 3FC!!

Looks like you are ready to make a change..take one day,one meal at a time. If your feeling weak,come and chat with us! And like another poster suggested,find something that keeps you busy, i like to read a good book or talk on the phone to a freind. There is also other things that help like chewing gum or herbal tea.

You CAN do it...focus on the outcome and you'll reach your go and be on the way to that Jamaican vacation!
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote