Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Trying to get back on the wagon

Hi Everyone,
I am a 19 year old girl, and at this time I weight 275 pounds. If you had asked me how much I weighed about 13 months ago, I would have yelled and gotten mad at you. In July 2008, I started attending a gym and working with a personal trainer. At that time I am embarrassed to say, I weighed 317 pounds. Slowly over the next 10 months I lost 50 pounds. In the last 3 months I have been struggling with the frustration of platueing (sp?). Due to the frustration, I fell back into some of my old habits, and I gained about 7 pounds back. I have begun to feel a little depressed again, which only fuels the binging...I know that I can beat this. I just don't know how. I love to run...but due to a knee injury I cannot run at this time. I still attend my gym, and I love being there...but I have to admit that I have lost some of my motivation. I am hoping that being here will help me to gain some of my motivation back. I have always been the "fat girl" and I am determined to overcome that title. I have the rest of my life to win this fight...but I am hoping to lose another 60 pounds in the next 18 months. I want to be as close to 200 pounds as I possible can by my 21st birthday (which is 18 months away). I may be over reaching here...but I feel like I need this. I hide behind my weight and I want to a confident young woman. Good luck to everyone else who is trying to lose weight. I hope that I will find a supportive network of friends here, and that we can all reach our goals together.
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

This is the best site to come for encouragement, support, advice and tips.

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #3  

I almost posted on your duplicate thread until I saw this one. You may want to close that one.

Anyway, welcome to 3 Fat Chicks! You have come to the right place for encouragement and support as you continue on your weight loss journey. It sounds as if you have good goals and are off to a great start. Congrats on your accomplishments thus far, even with the minor setback. If you keep doing what you're doing you'll be at 200 or below before you know it.

Keep up the good work and best wishes to you.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #4  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by possiblesuccess View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am a 19 year old girl, and at this time I weight 275 pounds. If you had asked me how much I weighed about 13 months ago, I would have yelled and gotten mad at you. In July 2008, I started attending a gym and working with a personal trainer. At that time I am embarrassed to say, I weighed 317 pounds. Slowly over the next 10 months I lost 50 pounds. In the last 3 months I have been struggling with the frustration of platueing (sp?). Due to the frustration, I fell back into some of my old habits, and I gained about 7 pounds back. I have begun to feel a little depressed again, which only fuels the binging...I know that I can beat this. I just don't know how. I love to run...but due to a knee injury I cannot run at this time. I still attend my gym, and I love being there...but I have to admit that I have lost some of my motivation. I am hoping that being here will help me to gain some of my motivation back. I have always been the "fat girl" and I am determined to overcome that title. I have the rest of my life to win this fight...but I am hoping to lose another 60 pounds in the next 18 months. I want to be as close to 200 pounds as I possible can by my 21st birthday (which is 18 months away). I may be over reaching here...but I feel like I need this. I hide behind my weight and I want to a confident young woman. Good luck to everyone else who is trying to lose weight. I hope that I will find a supportive network of friends here, and that we can all reach our goals together.
Hi possiblesuccess,

Welcome, I think you'll like it here as everyone is very supportive and friendly. There is even a thread to help keep you accountable with exercise and everyone cheers everyone else on.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...ntability.html

IgetfitNStrongforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

How do I delete the duplicate post? I cant seem to figure that out.
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #6  
No description available.

Welcome!! Congrats on your loss so far! 3FC is a great place to come for support and motivation. As you already know, the key to success is a commitment to consistent behavior. We have lots of subforums where you'll get great support---check out the 20 somethings and the 100 lb Club. I'm so glad you're here!!! You can do this!

(I deleted the dup post for ya!)
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote