Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #1  

Unhappy Not Sure How To Do this and wonder if anyone has the same problem?

Hello All.....

I have been heavy my whole life.... highest point was 212 lowest (and not for long) was about 150... my body likes being in between 165-170... I got down to a manageable weight about 2 years ago on weight watchers but honestly WW doesnt make me happy and doesnt really work for me.... I remember being constantly hungry and obssessive about everything i eat... followed by crying jags cause I am a slow loser.....

I eat very heathfully.... no junk in my house but I do buy when I am out. I am a vegetarian 90% of the time... but the weight is slowly adding on with my 9 hour behind the desk jub and school at night and I am unhappy with my obsessions with how fat I am it is like a constant running tape in the back of my head.

I do not know what to do. I do not know what I weigh.... I am in getting tight size 12s loser size 14s... that is all I know... I cannot weight myself as it is very very upsetting to me.... psychologically I just cant handle it....

Also WW didnt work for me I was hungry all the time.... I dont know how to both be comfortable and stabilize my weight at a lower number.... I need help... I dont know what to do......

does anyone have any advice for me?
Sasaphrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Maybe try counting calories? Keeping a food journal? Incorporating some kind of exercise in? You can do this and you have come to the best site for support, encouragement, advice and tips.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #3  

What choices did you eat on WW. If you make the wrong choices, you will be hungry. Did you get the 9 HGs in each day? Snack on fruit and protein? Those 100-calorie packs don't fill anyone up. You need fiber and protein to feel full. A 1-2 pound loss per week is healthy weight loss. You need to exercise 30-60 minutes 6 days a week, both aerobic and strength training. Keep a food journal and be honest and write down every BLT. I calorie count and it has opened my eyes. Good luck on finding what you need to make it happen.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am a calorie counter, too. I plan all meals ahead of time and count every calorie that goes into my mouth Calorie counting is a very flexible way to go, actually nothing is restricted, but you should use common sense, Choose healthy, nutritious food. Be careful of sugar and fried foods. It is not as difficult as it sounds and is preferable to being overweight and frustrated and upset.
Note that I have lost 86 pounds, Michelle has lost 138 pounds and Susan has lost 199 pounds . We may not have used the same methods but we picked something we could and would do and stuck with it. You can do it, too.

Last edited by bargoo; 08-04-2009 at 10:39 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

If u are not mindful of your weight all th time then u will gain but don't feel crazy, just mindful. Maybe the calorie counting is your best option as u can always make room for treats and u feel like u are in control of u. U can do this, we all can do this!!!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/See ticker/148

Height: 5'4"

I know it is hard but i strongly suggest that you weigh yourself. I did not want to look at the scales so I avoided them for a year and a half. During that time I was in denial that I was gaining weight--although the clothes got tighter, I refused to deal with it.

For years I had weighed between 160 and 165. I knew I was beginning to gain but refused to face the scales. I did not want to be accountable.

Then one day I got on the scales and could not believe my eyes. I expected to see maybe 170 or 175 at the worst. I actually weighed 193. That did it for me. I made a decision right then that I will be absolutely honest about what I eat and what I weigh.

Yes, I am hungry more than I would like but for me, I just don't think there is an easy way. However, I hope by attending a support group and coming here I can get enough encouragement to keep me going.
emileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #7  

I just started WW 2 weeks ago and I love it. I am never hungry because I am nibbling all the time with one of the snacks I am allowed. What this has taught me is to eat breakfast and eat more fruit. I am not a fruit eater, so this is an adjustment. I do not have a problem with veggies. I love them. I made a ww recipe with fennel and carrots, added 4 cut up shrimp and loved it. It was supposed to be 4 servings, but I did not know that and I ate the whole thing. It was delish...PattyJae

My instructor says "nobody is here because they ate too many carrots."

Last edited by PattyJae; 08-06-2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: typos
PattyJae is offline   Reply With Quote