Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/220/160

Height: 5'7

Default It's go time!

Hello, all, my name is Shannon, I'm 31 years old and I've been overweight all of my life, but it has to end, mostly for health reasons. I was diagnosed with diabetes about seven years ago and haven't always taking care of myself, but this spring something really scared me. I also have epilepsy and during a seizure I received some bad cuts on my feet, small in size, but they were deep, and they became infected, I kept them clean and everything, but the doctor said that the diabetes was the main reason that they became infected and then I had a pretty bad reaction to the antibiotics, anyway, it was a mess and it scared me. There is also the fact that three years ago I met Shaun, he's my first boyfriend since approximately kindergarten and he's the most wonderful, accepting man that I can imagine, and since I'm thinking about having a baby with him, I need to get in better health.
Anyway, that's pretty much the story, I'm at 205.2 currently and my goal is 155-160, I'm going to Weight Watchers and I am going to DO IT!
lunameower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Shannon and welcome to 3FC!

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome!! Be sure to check out the dieting with obstacles forum for lots of support re: diabetes.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #4  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you, but you are on your way to a happier and healthier lifestyle. Me and you are the same height and weight, so I understand where you are coming from weight wise.
If you need any support or motivation, you will always find it here!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/220/160

Thanks everybody, I really look forward to coming on here for support and to give support. They always say that you have to be honest with yourself and really want to make the change and this time I really know that I do.
lunameower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #6  

Just wanted to pop in to welcome you to the site!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote