Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #1  
naz

S/C/G: Starting 189/Goal 132

Height: 5ft 6

Default Moved to Dubai, motivation needed!

Hi everyone,

I moved to dubai at the start of this year with my husband and since I don't work and don't really know anyone here I began to feel very lonely and bored.

I want to lose weight to feel better about myself as I just feel like i'm stuck in this rut and use the fact that i'm unhappy here as an excuse to eat bad...when I mean BAD I MEAN REAL BAD!!

From today it stops and i'm hoping all you lovely ladies will join me on this journey as I would love to join you on yours!!!!

Joining the August challenge today, granted couple of days late but hey ho!!!

Take care all...xxx
naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:14 AM   #2  
New Attitude

S/C/G: 214/205/137

Height: 5'7

Wow! How interesting. I'm sure the culture shock isn't helping either. Are you guys military? If so I'm sure there are other people on base in your same situation who would love to buddy up. Maybe work on an online degree? Take up a hobby that gives you fulfillment, I know as a woman your options are limited there.
SunnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

I love your positive attitude! And you have come to the best place for support and encouragement

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #4  
naz

S/C/G: Starting 189/Goal 132

Height: 5ft 6

Hey thanks you lovely ladies,

I just got myself back from the gym so feeling charged and tired!!!! Day one is always the easiest, hoping not to flag too quickly!

Moved here due to the god forsaken credit crunch since the hubby works for a bank(aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh)

We have been told we are moving back to england early next year therefore have now promised myself i'm going to go back to the uk....AS A NEW ME!!!!!(SMALLER ANYWAY) glad in many ways to because struggled here since the weight gain!!!!!

SunnyB thinking that maybe the gym can be my new hobby....and maybe look into doing some outdoor activities like golf?!?!? hmm maybe....

Thanks michelle for your message and well done on your achievements!!!!!!!

Naz
naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/152/125

Height: 5'2

Maybe you could look for an expat sports league to join! I wouldn't be surprised if there was such a thing- a good way to meet some friends too!
rosiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz View Post
Hey thanks you lovely ladies,

I just got myself back from the gym so feeling charged and tired!!!! Day one is always the easiest, hoping not to flag too quickly!

Moved here due to the god forsaken credit crunch since the hubby works for a bank(aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh)

We have been told we are moving back to england early next year therefore have now promised myself i'm going to go back to the uk....AS A NEW ME!!!!!(SMALLER ANYWAY) glad in many ways to because struggled here since the weight gain!!!!!

SunnyB thinking that maybe the gym can be my new hobby....and maybe look into doing some outdoor activities like golf?!?!? hmm maybe....

Thanks michelle for your message and well done on your achievements!!!!!!!

Naz
You're very welcome and thanks so much
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/167/132

Height: 5'3

Hey Naz.

I know I'm late off the jump for the August challenge but have you tried walking/jogging around Safa Park in the evenings? You'll see lots of couples walking around together. Your husband could join you! Now that the weather has cooled off a little you really don't have to just use the gym.

Expat women.com seems to be a great place to find coffee mornings where you can meet new people.

Good luck with it.

Rebecca
rebeccakh is offline   Reply With Quote