Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-31-2009, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: see tickers

Height: 5'6"

Default Mom, 32, frustrated

Right away I want to say that my goals are not "weight" loss as a much as fat loss. I'm at 32% body fat (or 32BFP), and I'd like to get down to about 25BFP. I am exercising daily, starting with a warm-up, and working out within the 60-80% target heart rate range. I do some light weight training, but I honestly believe toting the 2 year-old around the store should count for something. I do "feel the burn".

Why am I frustrated?

I want change, and I want it *now*, but I know that healthy change will happen gradually. I am *very* prone to gaining muscle. That's great for my BFP, but horrible for my self-esteem when I step on a scale. The last time I lost patience and dieted, I lost 25 pounds, but I got fatter. My BFP went up 2 points! I am not doing that again.

I need support and encouragement from people that understand.
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

This is the place to be for support, encouragement, advice and tips.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

From experience (I'm almost 54). You really do NOT want to lose it quickly. I've done that over and over again through the years.

It's so much better to lose it slowly by eating healthy nutritious foods and no processed stuff. Stay away from the disgusting, nasty, lying scale. Scales are evil and plant negative hopeless thoughts. Keep positive thoughts going and "see" yourself as you want to be and it WILL happen.

It took me about a year to get to where I wanted to be (without "help" from scales!) and it's now been over a year that I've been happy with my size. Look at the big picture of the rest of your life and the time it takes to get to where you want to be will be a drop in that bucket!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I think for some people it's good to stay away from the scale.. just focus on how your clothes fit and how your body is changing. Just try to stay positive, girl! I know when I'm down coming here really helps me, so we'll all be here for you.

xo, BB
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: see tickers

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much for the support. I really needed it today.
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote