Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #1  

Thumbs up 21, Over-Weight and Determined! Hello All!

Goodnight, I'm 21 and I reside in New York City. I'm 5'6 and weigh 236.

I am employed full-time and enrolled full-time at college . With the birth of my daughter in 2005', I just seemed to continue gaining weight and never found the courage or determination to get fit.

Until now, With the summer here and alot of personal obstacles I've overcome. I have a fresh look on life and I want to change for the better .

I recently joined the local gym, well in (March,lol) but I have been an active user since 6/13/2009 (Saturday) and I'm down 5lbs.

So, please Welcome me to the site !
YuJienRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:54 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there!

Sounds like you are motivated to do this and ready to go! Congrats on joining the gym - exercise has just improved my entire life in so many ways. And another big on the first 5 lbs lost!

Do you have an eating plan in place? We have all kinds of forums...by age range (like the 20-somethings group), by eating plan, and a whole lot of others, so look around.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:01 AM   #3  
monamule

S/C/G: 265/265/200

Height: 5'3

I am a new user to this sight also! I actually had a visit to a gastric by pass surgeon Tuesday of this week. My husband wanted me to try once more to lose the weight on my own before I do such a drastic surgery. So...That brings me here. I have purchased the fat smash book and plan to start it tomorrow. I weight 265 so i hope by this time next week I will be down closer to 260. I love reading all the success on these forums and I hope that I will be one of those!!
monamule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:09 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Hey there!

Sounds like you are motivated to do this and ready to go! Congrats on joining the gym - exercise has just improved my entire life in so many ways. And another big on the first 5 lbs lost!

Do you have an eating plan in place? We have all kinds of forums...by age range (like the 20-somethings group), by eating plan, and a whole lot of others, so look around.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
Thank you for your response. I've been looking around and I'm very pleased to read and contribute to other members posts and comments.

I do have an eating plan as well, high fiber, lean/protein, fruits and veggies. I've cut out juices (unless natural, like juicer blend) sodas, sweets and fried foods.

Amazing how great an orange-carrot blend is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monamule View Post
I am a new user to this sight also! I actually had a visit to a gastric by pass surgeon Tuesday of this week. My husband wanted me to try once more to lose the weight on my own before I do such a drastic surgery. So...That brings me here. I have purchased the fat smash book and plan to start it tomorrow. I weight 265 so i hope by this time next week I will be down closer to 260. I love reading all the success on these forums and I hope that I will be one of those!!
You sure can be, with support and motivation, and a right plan you will be below 260 in no time.
YuJienRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:15 AM   #5  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!!!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, mommy! I'm a 21-year-old mother and student, too. My munchkin is 6 months old. Keep up the hard work!
cincimom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/130/128

Height: 5'4''

Hi and welcome!
Sarah Carson is offline   Reply With Quote