Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #1  

Default Looking for weight loss buddy with similar goals

Hello everyone! I am looking for someone with similar goals so we can help keep eachother on track. I am 5'6" and 181lbs. I started at 216 after having my son (who's now 21 months) and I've lost weight since, but I've fallen off the wagon and let my fitness goals fall by the wayside a few times along the way. My goal weight is 145lbs, but my goal my get lower when I get there.

Even before having my son, I was over weight, about 165lbs, so this is not just about getting to my pre-pregnancy weight, but about achieving a healthy weight for the first time.

I am also an emotional eater, so I am learning to not to eat to "relax" or out of boredom. Anyone interested doesn't have to have the same story, I just thought I'd tell you a little about myself!

Anyone interested in having a weightloss buddy?
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #2  
Ready for a Change

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

GlamourGirl, I would like a weightloss buddy. I’m actually staring at my treadmill right now, trying to get myself motivated to get on it. I’m thinking about setting a mini goal of loosing 7 lbs by July 4. What do you say? Care to join me in a mini challenge?
LostandLonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/see signature line/140

Height: 5'3

Welcome to the boards! I am 5'3 and 175 and my goal weight is 145. I too am an emotional eater and eat when stressed, bored, anxious. I started out the month strong but when I hurt my back a week or so back have kinda fallen off the wagon too. Maybe we can help keep each other motivated!
zaarjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostandLonley View Post
GlamourGirl, I would like a weightloss buddy. I’m actually staring at my treadmill right now, trying to get myself motivated to get on it. I’m thinking about setting a mini goal of loosing 7 lbs by July 4. What do you say? Care to join me in a mini challenge?
Yes! I'm going to make my date July 7th, only because its an even three weeks. I'm crazy like that! I did my treadmill this morning. I have to do it before my son gets up, otherwise I don't workout. Go ahead and do your treadmill. You'll feel great when you're done. I always have such a hard time getting up in the morning, but afterward I'm so glad I did!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaarjunkie View Post
Welcome to the boards! I am 5'3 and 175 and my goal weight is 145. I too am an emotional eater and eat when stressed, bored, anxious. I started out the month strong but when I hurt my back a week or so back have kinda fallen off the wagon too. Maybe we can help keep each other motivated!
I've decided to help with amotional eating, I'm going to go on this message board! I am home during the week with my son, and I get soooo bored. Snacking gives me something so do. So I need to find other things to entertain me beside eating! I work over the weekends. So I'm busy and its a bit easier to not eat out of boredom, but then there are always treats my coworkers bring in!
How did you hurt your back? That's a coincidence, I did too, not seriously though, lifting a patient. I've done it before, and it just takes Ibprofen and a few weeks of being careful to get it back to normal. I can still jog in the treadmill,but lifting weights for certain muscles in my back hurt so I can't really do much until I feel better.

Do you want to join our mini challenge?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #6  
Ready for a Change

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Talking Thanks for the motivation

I got on my treadmill and had a GREAT workout!!
LostandLonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #7  

Yeah!! Good job on the workout!! I saw your post and it gave me the to get up and do a quick workout on the Wii before my son got up from his nap. Thos dancing veggies and banana really do the trick!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #8  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm all about the mini challenge! I am in the same boat...hurting my back recently. I am a "bored" eater.

I would like motivational buddies! I'm a good motivator, but I need someone to give me a lift/push once in a while!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #9  

Hi Samantha! Welcome to the board!

I have found that boredom, for me, is my worst enemy! I have decided to sign on to this board and if I have to post in every room I will!! Ok, maybe I won't post that much!! But I will be posting instead of eating! I suggest everyone do the same.
And the best part is, when you get on here, you will find the motivation to workout! I was "bored" and the old me would have when searching for a snack, but instead I when on this board, and then was motivated by LostandLonely and the dancing veggies + banana to get a quick Wii workout in!!

Glad to here you are up for the challenge! What is your mini goal? I suppost we can put our mini goals in our signatures.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #10  

Just welcoming you aboard!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #11  

Thank you!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #12  
Amazing will be me

yeah im interested our weight goals are round about the same. I would def like a weight loss buddy for insperation and motivation give me a shout 4 a chat sometime lucky8
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #13  

Wil do Lucky8! We have a little mini goal going. Its a bit different to meet our personal goal...some people are ding 10lbs ny July 4th, some are doing 7lbs by then...I am doing 7 lbs by July 7th.
You want to join our mini challenge?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 239/239/180

Height: 5'4"

check out my 4 week challenge, i plan on losing 10-15 lbs in 28 days.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174445
LINZLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/see signature line/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
I've decided to help with amotional eating, I'm going to go on this message board! I am home during the week with my son, and I get soooo bored. Snacking gives me something so do. So I need to find other things to entertain me beside eating! I work over the weekends. So I'm busy and its a bit easier to not eat out of boredom, but then there are always treats my coworkers bring in!
How did you hurt your back? That's a coincidence, I did too, not seriously though, lifting a patient. I've done it before, and it just takes Ibprofen and a few weeks of being careful to get it back to normal. I can still jog in the treadmill,but lifting weights for certain muscles in my back hurt so I can't really do much until I feel better.

Do you want to join our mini challenge?
Hi GlamourGril, I've got chronic back problems, and have had so for many years. I think I'm gonna pass on the mini challenge this time around, so much to do in the next 1.5 weeks. Hope you keep me posted, I'd love to join mini challenges in July.
zaarjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote