Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 117kg/108kg/80kg

Height: 178cm

Default Healthy cook seeks healthy eater! hehe..

Hi!
I've been an on-off member of 3fc for a while, I used to have a blog with lots of recipes and pictures called "Going for Gold" - It was deleted because I wasn't able to post frequently enough when we relocated to a different country. I've never really posted on the boards because I don't have much time. I'm looking for a "diet buddy" or two who'd like to maybe email with me?
I'm 30, 5ft 10" tall and currently weigh ugh.. too much..hehe.. I'm looking to lose about 79lb.
I've successfully lost weight a few times before, mostly I've failed because I tend to slip into emotional/comfort eating when times are rough, and after my dd was born very sick 4 years ago I had very little time to look after myself besides getting her through it as well. She's now fine, I feel like a whale , she's four and an energetic bundle and all I want to do is be able to keep up!
I'm really bad at exercising, doesn't help that my feet are all messed up (plantar fasciitis in one foot and a badly sprained ankle on the other side!). I have done a lot of exercise in the past though, and was addicted to jogging at one stage - I'd love to get back there!! I have a running machine and I like using it but can't at the moment due to feet problems - I reckon I'm going to have to get some weight off before I can really get into that again, about 15 lb or so.
What I can offer a weight-loss buddy; I'm a v. good cook (kind of how I got into this mess..hehe), and I cook twice a day, all from scratch, good wholefood recipes, low fat and with very little sugar. I never use sweeteners, or other processed ingredients if I can avoid them.
So if you need healthy recipe inspiration and meal plans I'd be happy to pass mine on, I've been planning my meals on a weekly basis for years now.
What I'm looking for in a buddy; I'm a stay at home mum and I just relocated abroad so I am a bit lonely.. I have some friends here but they're all tiny size 6 skinny types..hehe. My husband and daughter are naturally very skinny too. I'm looking for someone who would like to email with me, who'd like to learn how to cook healthily (if you can't already), who is also keen on getting fit, and on keeping each other motivated, and maybe in making a friend
If I had more time I'd be on the boards more, just hoping there's someone like me out there who is also looking for a buddy

Best wishes
Siobhan
SioGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Siobhan!

Have you found the food threads? Very often we get posts from folks who think they can't cook.

We're glad you're here. Make yourself at home.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #3  
Out is Through

Hey Siobhan!

I think I'm a perfect fit for you :] I just recently joined as well, going the wholesome low fat low sugar route (and of course minus all the bad carbs!) and overall eating a healthier, more natural diet. You can private message me if you'd like, I'm home during the day just like you are!

-Stephy
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 117kg/108kg/80kg

Height: 178cm

Thanks for the welcome Susan!

Creeech, I sent you a PM
SioGold is offline   Reply With Quote