Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #1  
Taking it day by day

S/C/G: 275/274.5/130

Height: 5ft 4in

Talking New B Chic

Hi.

My name is Amanda and I sick and tired of being overweight. As a child I was a little chubby, but I took martial class in my teens and toned up. At 16 a week before a big international competetion I got injured my leg and ankle soo bad that I was told that I would always walk with a limp and would not be able to do Tae Kwon Do any more. Needless to say I dove into a deep depression and started to eat eat eat. Fast forward to my early twenties when I met my now hubby, He started to pull me out of the little hole I hid myself in and I started to get proffessional help for my depression. Along with My hubby and a new Doc I started to work on building strength in leg and ankle. My limp is gone and my doc says I am all cleared for any sports I chose. The only problem is now that the years overeating with not enough excersize has left my about 290 pounds. My scale is a little off. I want to get back about 170 before I start Tea Kwon Do agian. I remember how hard It was when I was slimmer. I am starting the couch to 5 k program and taking it slow. I am also doing Tae Bo 3 days a week, My non running days, With Sundays off.

I know it is not going to happen overnight, but I am looking forward to getting back to a fit body.

Along with the support from my family, friends, and all of you I know I can do it.
dark phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #2  
lilgracenote

S/C/G: 141/141/110

Height: 5"1

Default hey there

hello!

welcome to the forums...i just joined too. I also have dealt with depression, but more so with anxiety....i feel like we'll get a lot of support on this forum so keep going with one day at a time...it's too overwhelming to think much more beyond that...you can do it!
lilgracenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome.

Please make yourself at home on the boards we're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello and welcome! You'll find lots of support and advise here at 3FC!

Last edited by kellygram; 05-27-2009 at 05:03 PM.
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #5  

Hi Amanda!

I've had so many people tell me how much they enjoy Tae Kwon Do and what great exercise it is. I also think I'm too heavy to enjoy it at this point, but I had a co-worker who started doing it at about my weight and she slimmed down in no time. I may have to check out a class and see what it's all about
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #6  

Hi Amanda.I just joined too. Like you, I am tired of being fat and unable to do all the things I want to do. I'll be 46 my next birthday and & I am determined not to waste any more of my life sitting on the sidelines wishing things were different. We can do this!!
Pooh63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:47 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Amanda and

Glad you're here. I think that having a successful exercise program is about doing something you really enjoy. It sounds like you have that in your life. I understand wanting to do something, and yet being too overweight to do it. I bought a bike at 275 pounds and didn't have alot of success with it until I reached 240. At that point I was able to ride to the corner and back. Now I can do 10 miles as long as there aren't really steep hills. It is a big part of my continuing to lose weight and get healthier. Enjoy your Tai Bo while you are in this process.

Glad to hear your limp has gone away. Come visit us here for support and updates.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote