Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #1  
CherryBombJen

Location: Ventura, CA *currently in Louisiana on family business*

S/C/G: 21.3%/19.7%/12%

Height: 5'0"

Default Hi everyone! My introduction.

Hi everyone! My name is Jenn.
I'm an ISSA Certified Personal Trainer who USED to *up until 3 weeks ago...when I moved to Louisiana from my PRECIOUS California* have a trainer, and not just any trainer. The top trainer in L.A. Now I'm on my own for the time being...and I need a little support.

My issue: CARDIO. I'm not overweight in any respect, and would never claim to be. I'm a tiny girl at 5' even. The gals in my family *including myself* tend to have bigger hips. Add to that that we're mostly pear shaped *when you store more fat in the thighs and bottom* and uh oh.

So at 5' I started my journey 1 year ago with my own personal trainer. I was at about 19.7% body fat. He was a major jerk and after getting a job at the SAME gym I found out he had stolen over $200 of sessions from me. Suffice to say his workouts were bland and required me to lift heavier weights than someone with my bone structure and strength level had any business lifting. I stopped going regularly.

And BAM. Suddenly I was at about 21% body fat. This is of course according to a body fat machine, not the most accurate....

Once I started WORKING as a trainer in the gym I realized how important it is to look the part, but also have that energy you get from being completely healthy and happy with your body. Clients can tell when you're not where you say you want THEM to be. It's embarrassing.

After a few months working there and 2 months of rigorous boot camps every weekend and a few personal sessions with THE Los Angeles trainer I dropped back down to 19%. I'm not sure where I am now to be honest, but I haven't noticed a change in my physical appearance.

To be where I need to be, and owe it to my clients to be...I want to get to about 106 lbs. 110 would be SUBLIME. I'm naturally shrimpy, so I need that extra muscle badly. I also want to get somewhere in between 12% and 15% body fat.

It's true what they say....that last pound is the hardest. I'm at the point where a picky diet is all that's between me and killer abs...yet I just refuse to do it. So....I'm hoping that being a part of this community will allow me to help others.....and allow you to help me as well.
CherryBombJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:45 AM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on eating plan, age, exercise and more!

Come join us in the Strength Training forum!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #4  
Choose To Be Happy

S/C/G: 122/121/109

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jenn -
My name is Kelly, and we have somewhat similar stories. I just joined today, and am looking forward to giving and receiving help, advice and support.

I was a Nautilus Trainer years ago at the Hollywood YMCA, and have been in shape all of my life until now. I was a bit afraid to join, because 12 pounds probably does not seem like much, but as I read I noticed that no one seems to get any flak no matter what their goals are.

I love having gotten out of Los Angeles, I love Pittsburgh, I love the winter, and boy, do I love warm comfort food when it is cold. Yikes! I DO NOT love the wagon I am now draggin' lol.

I started doing Pilates in October '08 along with walks - Pittsburgh has fabulous hills - and I was really noticing the wonderful lengthening muscles that Pilates brings out, when on March 3rd, I started feeling really crappy - no energy, night sweats, a pain in my side that would not go away......well, it culminated in three months of no exercise, doctor visits, and ultimately, surgery 2 weeks and 2 days ago. I am just getting back on my feet, and I cannot believe how firmly the weight has settled inn my legs and butt!

I know the Pilates will work, I just need to get motivated to start over, and that part is hard. Any tips you have on motivation?

Thanks, and nice to meet you

Kelly
Ayuda 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #5  
Choose To Be Happy

S/C/G: 122/121/109

Height: 5'6"

Oh, and hi midwife -
I am so new brand new to the "thread community" that I am really stumbling around - It is hard for me to figure out how to get back here without going into my history cache - when I start fresh, I am utterly lost! Well, it is good for the psyche to try something new, right?

I am looking so forward to figuring this all out and making some friends.

Thank you,

Kelly
Ayuda 47 is offline   Reply With Quote