Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

Default Been posting about a week

I finally got my good PC back from HP, so now I would like to formally introduce myself.

My name is Denise, but you can call me Niecy. My family called me that throughout childhood, and since I think I am gonna be here for a while, this site will more than likely be my home away from home. Already, I am getting much more encouragement here than my own family members. My husband "likes me just the way I am". Well, how kind of him, lol. We have been married 16 years. We have three children aged 14, 8 and 5.

Since 2007, I lost a total of about 45 lbs and had about 25 more to go before goal. I was diagnosed in 2004 with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, so finding the right amount of medication has been a challenge over the last 5 yrs. I gained 10 of those 45 back while at sub-optimal thyroid levels early this year. I have since gotten it back together and went back on Armour. I have been trying to watch my food intake since April 18th, but wasn't losing anything. Over the last 2 weeks, I have lost 5 of those 10, giving me a total of about 33 more to lose give or take. Hopefully take!

Two weeks ago I changed my plan to calorie cycling, aka zig zagging rather than one flat calorie level day after day. It seems to be working great! I am sure I will have bumps in the road, and I know that this site is a place to turn to in good times and bad and I hope to eventually inspire others with thyroid issues. It is EXTREMELY difficult to lose weight when the equipment that controls your metabolism is broken. But not impossible!

And once I figure out how to add my weight ticker, I will do that
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi Neicy
I am pretty new around here, too. Following South Beach, so that's where I'm usually found. The ticker and signature option will be avaliable to you in 20 days. My option to use it became avaliable on the 20th day exactly. I was able to move it down 9 pounds right away.
I lost my first 45 pounds on my own through better eating habits and regular exercise over 4 years. I recognize I will do better with friends to share the ups and downs with.
I am finding the support I need here, from alot of great chicks. I check it in every morning, plan my day, stick with it and check in later on whenever I can. My hubby is 6'2"/165 and I know he is not able to understand where I am at. He, too, loves me the way I am. I am learning to better accept myself, but I know I want to be thinner. I hide from cameras, and wish the towel fit around me at the club. And....I am the only one who can change that...and it isn't going to happen overnight.
I have been off all the junk for 23 days now and I need to remain vigilant about what I put in my mouth.
See you around! Best wishes.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Hey Debbie:

I, too hide from the cameras! It is kind of sad because going through the past kids' birthdays or other holiday photos, it would appear their Mommy isn't even there. You MIGHT catch a foot or an arm every now and then, lol.

Great work so far and keep going!!!
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Yes, Niecy. I want to be a part of the family history.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote