Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 311/241/235 mini

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello! down 60, 90 to go - need a push!

Hello everyone! I have been looking for a good support group for weight loss and I am hoping I found it! I have been dieting and exercising since January and I am down 60 pounds. BUT...I have been struggling a bit lately to stay on plan and I keep fluctuating 6 pounds. Down 60, up 6, down the 6 then back up the 6 and so on. I just can't get out of the 250's. My mini goal is 235 and then I will have 75 pounds left to go to 160 pounds. I REALLY need the push to keep this up; it is so hard but so darn rewarding. You would think 60 pounds is enough motivation to keep going - but - for some reason it just isn't at this moment. What can I do to get my head back in the game??

Thank you!
Missunderstood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #2  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

First let me congratulate you on 60 pounds loss - that is an amazing and wonderful accomplishment. I hope you are doing lots of pats on the back, dancing around and enjoying your achievement! I can't say much to motivation - as you see I'm still a newbie, but there are some amazing groups and threads on all sorts of subjects.

Plateaus are one for sure! It seems everyone hits them and I know when I hit mine I'll need lots of extra encouragement.

I've really loved being here - it keeps me motivated DAILY (which is everything). Great folks and I hope you have as much fun as I am! Look forward to your continued success!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #3  
Junior chick

S/C/G: 228/187/140

Height: 5'6

I always find looking at before and after pictures to be very motivating...check out the Goal messages on the forum. And reading always helps, too. If you're slipping up, there's a reason...either you have not dealt with some of your "trigger" foods, or something else is throwing you off. You just need a little jazzing up, so don't beat yourself up for slipping, just start over and think how well you've done in losing 60 lbs already.
Peep Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default same boat here!

I know exactly what you are talking about! I am down 65 and everytime...and I do mean EVERYTIME I have been on a diet I get to 199 and gain it all back. I bounced between 200-205 for almost a month this time...couldn't get motivated to get below 200..finally got down to 198 but then have been cheating off and on and now at 200 AGAIN! Seems like such a small thing to get past this 200 mark curse since I have already lost 65, but I feel so great losing 65 I keep having a cheat here and there. It was relatively easy the first 60 pounds...lots of motivation and now every day seems like a struggle!
I wish you the best...I know we can do it...every thought about food, every bite requires the strength to make the right choices!
BonnieMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #5  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

hi and welcome, how awesome that you have lost 60 lbs already, that is great... 235 is just around the corner... then another goal hit!!!
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 311/241/235 mini

Height: 5'7"

Thank you so much everyone - I need to check in here daily to help me get to my 235!
Missunderstood is offline   Reply With Quote