3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello! down 60, 90 to go - need a push! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/171492-hello-down-60-90-go-need-push.html)

Missunderstood 05-11-2009 07:11 PM

Hello! down 60, 90 to go - need a push!

Hello everyone! I have been looking for a good support group for weight loss and I am hoping I found it! I have been dieting and exercising since January and I am down 60 pounds. :carrot: BUT...I have been struggling a bit lately to stay on plan and I keep fluctuating 6 pounds. :mad: Down 60, up 6, down the 6 then back up the 6 and so on. I just can't get out of the 250's. My mini goal is 235 and then I will have 75 pounds left to go to 160 pounds. I REALLY need the push to keep this up; it is so hard but so darn rewarding. You would think 60 pounds is enough motivation to keep going - but - for some reason it just isn't at this moment. What can I do to get my head back in the game??

Thank you!

bobblefrog 05-11-2009 07:23 PM

:welcome2:

First let me congratulate you on 60 pounds loss - that is an amazing and wonderful accomplishment. I hope you are doing lots of pats on the back, dancing around and enjoying your achievement! I can't say much to motivation - as you see I'm still a newbie, but there are some amazing groups and threads on all sorts of subjects.

Plateaus are one for sure! It seems everyone hits them and I know when I hit mine I'll need lots of extra encouragement.

I've really loved being here - it keeps me motivated DAILY (which is everything). Great folks and I hope you have as much fun as I am! Look forward to your continued success!

Peep Smith 05-11-2009 07:23 PM

I always find looking at before and after pictures to be very motivating...check out the Goal messages on the forum. And reading always helps, too. If you're slipping up, there's a reason...either you have not dealt with some of your "trigger" foods, or something else is throwing you off. You just need a little jazzing up, so don't beat yourself up for slipping, just start over and think how well you've done in losing 60 lbs already.

BonnieMcC 05-11-2009 07:53 PM

same boat here!

I know exactly what you are talking about! I am down 65 and everytime...and I do mean EVERYTIME I have been on a diet I get to 199 and gain it all back. I bounced between 200-205 for almost a month this time...couldn't get motivated to get below 200..finally got down to 198 but then have been cheating off and on and now at 200 AGAIN! Seems like such a small thing to get past this 200 mark curse since I have already lost 65, but I feel so great losing 65 I keep having a cheat here and there. It was relatively easy the first 60 pounds...lots of motivation and now every day seems like a struggle!
I wish you the best...I know we can do it...every thought about food, every bite requires the strength to make the right choices!

Savora 05-11-2009 07:56 PM

hi and welcome, how awesome that you have lost 60 lbs already, that is great... 235 is just around the corner... then another goal hit!!!

Missunderstood 05-11-2009 09:34 PM

Thank you so much everyone - I need to check in here daily to help me get to my 235!