Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/139/130ish

Height: 5.5

Default New and Nervous..........

Hi everyone,
My name is Lian...I am so pleased I have found this site, lots of good info and support I see...
Ok quick run down,
I have been doing atkins for the last 2 year, and over that time I had lost 55 pounds, but back in middle Nov till about Jan I got a little relaxed and gained 15 pounds, so I got got back on plan 100% about 5 weeks ago, and the weight was not moving and I am so sick of eggs etc....so I decided yesterday to change it up and start w.w, I have been given info thru a friend, but I might consider joining online..... I am very excited but nervous as there is alot of foods I have not had for along time, so I have put the scales away for atleast a week, as I know I could go up a little....has anyone else been in this situation?
I was determined to make atkins part of my everyday food choices, but to be honest I dont know if that is possible for me, where as w.w I think is more of a realistic goal....
Lian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/TICKER/145

Height: 5'10"

Hi Lian
I did atkins several years ago and also lost tons of weight on it. At the time I was only 16 and wasn't making any plans to keep the food choices of the plan as a part of my lifestyle, I really just wanted to lose weight fast. Fast forward 5 years; I've gained back everything I lost on atkins plus about 40 pounds. I've been doing weight watchers for just about a month now and I'm not losing as quickly as I did on atkins, but I feel healthier and the food choices that I'm making are choices that I can deal with for the long term. I don't have any wish to return to my former way of life, and although cravings do sometimes hit me, I know how to deal with them. Good luck and I hope to see you around the site!
whiskeygirl862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/169/125

Height: 5'3"

Default I am new too!

Hi,
I am new also. I did the LAWL diet and lost 20lbs but now I am back up the 20lbs. I really want to stay on target but its hard!

I am so sick of chicken and eggs does anyone have any suggestions for easy, and exciting meals with different protein? I am also allergic to nuts so those are out of the question...

Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/139/130ish

Height: 5.5

Have you started weight watchers yet?
I can understand you being sick of chicken, eggs etc I did atkins for 2 years apart from slipping for about a month....
My son is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, so I dont have anything like that in the house either.
It looks like the people on here, are very helpfull I think we have came to the right place, I wish you all the best, just think summer will be here before we know it.....................its been such along winter...
Lian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/169/125

Default BLAH chicken and Eggs

Hi Lian,

I am not on weight watchers I am just simply trying to use what I learned at LA (without using the bars) to go through my daily life. I don't have the cash flow right now to go or join weight watchers so I am trying just to do a life style change by using what I learned there.

I just really need support as my other half isn't on the same wave length for eating as I am trying to do. I want to try new things and recipes that makes things more interesting then scrambled eggs and plain chicken or salads. You know?

I do believe this is a great place for motivation etc. I just started a blog too! Not sure if people will read it OR if it will help but I am about trying everything to keep me ON THE WAGON and not falling off!

This nut allergy has really kicked me in the but as for checking EVERYTHING on the labels!

Lian, does your son have asthma too? I can go into anaphlyactic shock and belong to a website (its free info) called anaphylaxis.ca and it helps with knowing and learning about the allergy more. (labels etc too)

Good luck everyone on your journey!
Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/165/135

Height: 5'2

Hi! I tried atkins and had a lot of luck with it, but gained it back pretty fast. Now I'm doing the Metabolic Research Center. It's been two days, but so far seems pretty good. I did WW for years and had a lot of success, but I got lazy and stopped calculating points. I could never figure out why I had gained or stayed the same!
Good luck!
Beaners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Oh yes, the weight watchers threads here are very busy and helpful. Jump right in and introduce yourself. You'll be welcomed and encouragedd.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote