Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/223/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Recent diet starter and in need of support!

Hi all. I came across this friendly community doing a little research on diet support and it looked like the right place for me. I'm on my 9th week of dieting and I feel like I'm going to "fall off the wagon" any day now. I'm definitely in need of some major support! I've been on and off diets for many years now, most unsuccessful. I recently had breast reduction surgery and was shocked to find my belly was much larger than I had originally thought! I'm sure I'll be able to find the support I so desperately need here.

Last edited by besmirchednico; 03-01-2009 at 08:17 PM.
besmirchednico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #2  
No description available.

Surf around and settle in! We have subforums based on age, nutrition plan, exercise and more.

I'm glad you're here. It takes time to change habits. Hang in there! You are doing such a great job! What are you eating? It is important to eat enough. Personally, I try to avoid being hungry at all costs. Also, I've found planning ahead to be super important. It is easier for me to resist temptation if I have something yummy and on plan ready to go.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome besmirchednico! Jump on in here and start reading. You will find alot of great and knowledgable people in here. Make yourself a plan to change your lifestyle and not "diet" and you will soon begin to hopefully see results.
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/223/180

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the welcomes!

midwife- I'm doing sort of a weight watchers type thing. I've done the program before, but never had as much success as I've been having. I have plenty of little snacks throughout the day, but unfortunately it's not hunger that's my problem, it's sheer boredom. I'm an unemployed student waiting for an acceptance to a program, so I literally sit at home all day and do nothing.

After looking at all the success stories here I feel like I actually may have a chance.
besmirchednico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Bes, which one are you going to be doing? Try to focus on this as a a lifetime change, not just a diet. Enjoy your journey to a fitter, smaller you! Don't make it too hard to follow for the rest of your life. Be realistic with yourself and give your body what it needs the most, TLC!!
Can't wait to see you around!!

If boredom is the problem, get yourself into an exercise routine. Take some walks, bike ride, roller blade, whatever floats your boat!! You're in beautiful Tampa! Get out there and get your grove on!!

Last edited by tdiprincess; 03-02-2009 at 03:43 PM.
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote