Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft. 4 in.

Wink Hello from a new and hopeful girl!

Hello all!

I am new here, and I joined to simply get support and insight to aid with my journey to a more healthful lifestyle. Here is a brief background of where I have been and where I am now. I began gaining weight in high school (reaching a max of 172 my senior year). I was so frustrated and very uneducated about weight loss, so I went to my doctor where he gave me phentermine. I worked and I got down to 138 in 2004. I was so happy, and I had a spring in my step. Then I slowly gained weight back, and in June 2007 I was back to 165! AHHHH! I was the worst feeling in the world - I was sooooooo mad at myself. I knew in my heart why it had happened though. Because I took the phentermine, I never really learned about having a more healthy lifestyle (and that's the key to maintaining any weight loss). So in June 2007 (Depressed and angry) I went to visit my dad on a trip I had planned out earlier that year. I had a chance to get away from everything and comfront my feelings. I was there for 3 weeks, and my dad and I committed to each other to eat healthy and walk. While I was there I lost 5 pounds (getting to 160). Then when I came home I continued on my plan and got down to 145 right before Thanksgiving of that year, 2007. My work gets really crazy at this time of year and I was (and still am) in school, so I stopped being as active in my healthy lifestyle. It's been over a year, and I have gained back 5 pounds (now at 150). Before I was walking for 45 to 1 hour 6 to 7 times a week. Now, I have joined a gym and I am committing to there 3 times a week. I really want to get down to 130, with a mini goal of 140. I want to prepare more of my food myself, and begin walking again on the days that I don't go to the gym. (I have a great park a block away from my house). I hope that I can get the support and insight that I need here. Thanks for taking the time to read my story. Have an awesome day!
Mel 610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #2  
I can...and I will...

S/C/G: 202/196/160

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Mel! Check out the food forum - lot's of good tried and true recipes!
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #3  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

happy to have you here! i'm another TX girl
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #4  

Hey there Buckeye! I will definately check out the food forum. I like to cook... I'm not great at it, but I try my best. My most recent healthy cooking trial was rosemary chicken skewers (like the ones that were on Biggest Loser this season). They turned out really good. I didn't do the honey sauce that they suggested - altough I do want to try that. I like a lot of flavor, so that's my challenge when it comes to cooking healthy. Thanks so much!

Last edited by Mel 610; 02-17-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #5  

Hey there Corazonas! Yes, good to know there is another Texas chick out there! I see that you are almost at your goal weight and you are about the same height as me. How long have you been working towards your goal? Any challenges? Thanks so much!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:19 PM   #6  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!!

Surf around and settle in. We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more! I'm glad you're here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Another Texan here too--glad you are here. You can so do this. Welcome.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote