Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Default Howdy from Texas

I'm 28, single, no kids. I spend 9 hours a day staring at a computer screen for work and then come home and do it again for fun. :P

Last year I had a major eye opening experience. I got on the scale for the first time in months and saw that I had passed the dreaded 300 mark without even realizing it. The same week my mother was rushed into the emergency room for gallbladder surgery (which is related to fat intake). Well I started working out, started walking with my Nike+ and I managed to loose 10 lbs in a few weeks and a few more over the next few months but nothing big and nothing fast. Then about a week ago I decided to stop playing around and start calorie counting and working out at least a little every day. So far in the past 8 days I've lost over 7 lbs. I'm hoping to keep this up and it's changed my way of looking at food in general. I'm glad to be here and am really looking foward to a positive and a supportive group for weight loss!

(as opposed to home where right now my mother is frying up chicken and tator tots and asking why I won't have just a few... *sighs*)

Thanks for having me!
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #2  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Woah. :] We aren't far from each other. I'm in Granburyyyy. :3
But anyways, congrats on your weight loss! Your doing sooo well. Hopefully the weight you loose a week slows down a bit though, we don't want flabby skin after you get all thin and sexy. Ha ha.
katie m a r i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you joined 3FC! You are off to a good start! Keep at it!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #4  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

hey i'm in dallas too!

welcome!! everybody here is so amazing... and just say no to the tater tots!! haha
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #5  

Good to find some locals here. I'm in the Frisco area. If anyone's looking for a buddy nearby, let me know. I'm 29, single, no kids... and terrified of trying something like a gym membership alone!
ThinkImLosingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #6  
Working my way back

carrollton area here.... not too far! would LOVE to try a gym but got babies running around and work at home. you're welcome to come do the 30 day shred in my living room with me though. hahaha
Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Plano in the house...WOOT, WOOT!

p.s. I'm a runner if anyone wants to run or 30DS!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 02-16-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #8  

Misora,

Wow! You have lost substantial weight! Congratulations!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #9  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! Congrats on your success so far!

Surf around and settle in. We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more. I'm glad you're here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #10  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misora View Post
I'm 28, single, no kids. I spend 9 hours a day staring at a computer screen for work and then come home and do it again for fun. :P

Last year I had a major eye opening experience. I got on the scale for the first time in months and saw that I had passed the dreaded 300 mark without even realizing it. The same week my mother was rushed into the emergency room for gallbladder surgery (which is related to fat intake). Well I started working out, started walking with my Nike+ and I managed to loose 10 lbs in a few weeks and a few more over the next few months but nothing big and nothing fast. Then about a week ago I decided to stop playing around and start calorie counting and working out at least a little every day. So far in the past 8 days I've lost over 7 lbs. I'm hoping to keep this up and it's changed my way of looking at food in general. I'm glad to be here and am really looking foward to a positive and a supportive group for weight loss!

(as opposed to home where right now my mother is frying up chicken and tator tots and asking why I won't have just a few... *sighs*)

Thanks for having me!
What do you mean nothing BIG!!!! I'd say a 136 pound loss is a BIG thing!! You have done great so far! Keep up the good work!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 199/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Mesquite here!! (soon to be a Rockwall citizen ) So glad to see that there are so many great people so close to me...even if we never meet in person, it somehow seems better that some Texans from right here in the metroplex are supporting me...oh and I'll be supporting you as much as I can.
skinnynene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #12  
Working my way back

what the ****?? who knew so many of us were in the same neighborhood? haha

sorry we totally threadjacked you misora! but i guess at least maybe you know now there's a bunch of friendly people here

so has 3fc ever done a meet and greet or what? haha

Last edited by corazonas; 02-16-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #13  

I think this would be so fun too! --The Meet & Greet I mean.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi and welcome! Your job sounds similar to mine as well as getting on the computer at home for fun

And I agree with Lori, losing any weight is a BIG thing, and losing that much weight is awesome!

I count calories too, and it seems to work the best for me. And it is so hard to live with someone who doesn't get it, and still cooks/buys unhealthy foods. It helped me out so much when my SO started eating better and losing weight.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Ye gods I'm a moron. TYPO! Actually I've lost about 35 pounds from my high point :P but hey that's something! I've got to correct that to 279... And I actually live in Plano I just figured most people wouldn't know where Plano was. That's one thing I love about this city. It's full of bike paths. I'm not in any shape to be running but I can walk all over the place. And this forum is the first place I've heard of the 30DS and I've just got my dvd in the mail from Netflix today. I'm going to give it a try tonight!
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote