Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/306/210

Height: 5'8"

Default Fibromyalgia, shift work and kids! Help!

Hi there,

I am a 36 year old mom of two girls, I work 12 hour shifts - both night and day. I have Fibromyalgia which I am managing with Effexor and Amitripyline.
I am back on the diet band wagon (again!) but seriously this time. I am in the right frame of mind to do this but need accountability! Hope I can get that here.
Unfortunately I have a long way to go, I have started at 310 lbs. I have lost 4 so far. Which is inspiring already. I would like to lose a fair amount by Aug. 20th when I go to visit my mom for two weeks.
Interested in challenges that may go on around here and others that might be in a similar situation like me!
Thanks!
bluzsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #2  
Starting to Get It!

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

bluzsuz Welcome. I don't know anything about Fibromyalgia except it is painful, sorry to hear you have it. Congratulations on already losing 4 pounds!
AmberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!!

We have lots of subforums, based on age, eating plan, exercise and more. Check out the 30 somethings, the 300 Club and Chicks up for a Challenge for lots of support and fun. Good luck!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #4  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Bluzsuz. A few years ago after many tests etc they said I had Fibromyalgia or some type of connective tissue disorder. I would have very painful flare ups. That was when I was at my heaviest 245 pounds. I am down to 205 now and haven't had a flare up for the past 2 months. I am hopeful that losing weight is chaging my system. I have had pain but nothing like it used to be. I eat every 3 hours and believe that has alot to do with it too. What type of plan are you on?
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote