Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/120/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Less Fat In '09

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm a 27 y.old criminal defense attorney in Northern Virginia who, after 3 years in Pittsburgh (they even put fries on salads there) managed to get up to a whopping 212 pounds and a size 14.

My weight has always been kinda up and down but I've noticed that the further I get from high school it's been up more than down. On January 18, 2009 I decided that it was time to stop eating so much crap and start being conscious of what I put in my mouth. So far I've lost 9 pounds and hope to make it an even 13 (199lbs) by the the end of February.

I joined this community because even my mother doesn't really care what I had for dinner and how many pounds (down to a tenth of a pound) I have lost this week. All that said, I'm happy to be here and wish all of you tremendous successes in your weight loss goals.
efova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #2  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC and congrats on your loss so far!! Sounds like you have a great plan! What I love about 3FC is that there are always people here who care what you have for dinner and who will celebrate every single loss!

Stick around and post often. Can't wait to get to know you (in case I ever need a criminal defense attorney! )
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Hey I am new here too!!! You have done great losing 9 pounds already! Way to go!!! I'm excited to see you reach your goal at the end of February!!! Keep us posted.
janne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #4  

February is a tough month for me. My cousin (with whom I am very close), my mom, and my dad all have February birthdays. I don't think I need to remind anyone that with birthdays come birthday dinners and birthday cakes. Tomorrow's my mom's 60th birthday and I am having a piece of cake, but I will thoroughly enjoy it rather than stuffing it down and I'll make room for it so I can eat it guilt free.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Efova --

I think it is awesome that even though you have a job that is totally hard to eat to lose weight, you are doing it. I am a court reporter, but right this second am a stay-at-home mom. So I know how stressful eating right can be in your particular job.

Last year, after having my baby, it finally occurred to me that letting 15 pounds sneak on in ten years after high school didn't have to be the way it stayed. Except, I had gained 50 with my pregnancy and had only lost 15 pounds of my baby weight nine months after my son was born. Last summer was the best I had felt in years.

Can't wait to support you in your weight-loss journey (cliche), and you are totally in the right place.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Efova- it sounds like you are doing something right! Congrats on your loss so far. I too am new here. I think you will find all the inspiration and encouragement you will need here. You have a great start; keep up the good work!
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #7  

Mamaspank:

First, I must say you look fantastic. Congrats on making it to your goal weight. Second, with my schedule it can be tough to find time to eat. I'm lucky that the courthouse I am in most frequently has a cafeteria downstairs so I'm never more than a few minutes away from a salad, cup of yogurt, etc. Of course, I'm never more than a few minutes away from a cheeseburger, either. Unrelated. I think court reporters do a really impressive job. I'm still mystified by how you can pay that close attention to everything that's said and by whom and get it down accurately. Hats off to court reporters.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #8  

CarolinaGirl:

Looks like we're right about the same place right now. I'm no weight loss expert but the only thing I've heard of that actually works is eating less and moving more so I'm giving it a shot. My dad recently went from about 240 to 180 by doing it and I'm inspired. Also, weighing more than my dad is pretty brutal on the ego.