Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/177.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Ok I need a buddy!

Anyone out there like to be a buddy to help keep each other going on this journey that we want to begin? I am really having a hard time this time staying on track eating right and doing my exercises.
Get in touch with me if you are interested.
Thanks,
Vicki
azmom62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #2  
【☆ Chloe ☆】

S/C/G: 205.5/179/130

Height: 5'3.5"

hi and welcome!!! anyway I can be your buddy if you want =D and i know its really hard to do it alone.
PiXiEgAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi there azmom,

I'll be your e-workout buddy. That's why I'm here too (also new here). Do you use any Instant Messengers? How would you like to keep in touch? Maybe start a new thread we both update on?

Good luck with your journey

-Jen
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #4  

I have yahoo instant messenger. I can get any we need. I would love to have you guys as my buddies. Lets get this thing going!!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #5  

Sounds good. I have Yahoo IM. My IM ID is mestupidcat. I usually get on between 2-3pm weekdays. Please add me and we can chat on there too.

Do you have any exercise goals for this month? Mine is to work out 3x/week for 30 minutes. How often do you want to check in with each other?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #6  
No description available.

Welcome!! Surf around and settle in! We have lots of accountability threads all over the forum full of support. I'm glad you're here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #7  
【☆ Chloe ☆】

S/C/G: 205.5/179/130

Height: 5'3.5"

@aznmom - - - yehey! i actually use windows live messenger though - - chiqflipped@msn ...but i often times use ym too - - chloe_0717@yahoo ....just add me ne ne ^^
PiXiEgAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #8  

ok my id on Windows and Yahoo is fozzie62.
You can add me. I am having trouble with Windows for some reason.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #9  
focus and keep aiming

S/C/G: 190/179.6/125

Height: 5'1

I am doing weight watchers and so far, I have lost NINE lbs. I just weighed myself this morning, and I was down 2 more lbs. I have a lot of food suggestions, as I have done weight watchers as my diet off and on over the past 6 years.
I have a couple recipes and web sites for weight watchers that will help you when you have to go out for a dinner, say for family or whatnot. However, I have not reached my 25 posts yet, but will get back to you via pm or once I have posted enough to post the links.

I will be your new buddy, my yahoo im is mizz_aquarius add me!!

we will do it together

: angel:

:c hef:
Here a few Recipes for yummy meals
... actually these are the biggest loser recipes from the show, they have low calorie, low fat ideas for breakfast, lunch and snacks...

The great thing about these recipes, that I find very helpful, is that they give the ingredients for 1 serving, which definitely helps for portion control
and if you want to make more servings, just multiply the ingredients.

Biggest Loser Recipes

This Biggest Loser roast beef recipe makes rollups that are a great appetizer to take to a party. Not only will you look like a star for bringing such attractive, tasty food, but if everything else is fried, you’ll have something to munch on yourself. Just be sure to use roast beef that’s been shaved or is very thinly sliced; otherwise the tortillas will tear when you roll them. The chili garlic sauce is available in the international food aisle of most major grocery stores with other Thai ingredients. If you can’t find it, using chili paste is okay, too.
Makes 1 serving
1 tablespoon fat-free cream cheese
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1 whole-wheat flour, 96% fat-free tortilla (8" diameter)
Scant 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper strips
1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil leaves
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shaved cooked London Broil or lean, low-sodium deli roast beef

NOTE: Just 1/4 cup of most jarred roasted bell pepper strips has about 300 milligrams of sodium, so it is best to roast fresh peppers yourself if at all possible.

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and chili garlic sauce to taste. Stir to mix well. Place the tortilla on a cutting board. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over about two-thirds of the tortilla to the edges. Top the cream cheese mixture with the pepper strips, basil, and roast beef. Starting at the filled end, roll the tortilla tightly into a tube, being careful not to tear it.
Space 8 toothpicks evenly across it and poke them into the tube so they go through and touch the cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut between the tortilla to make 8 pieces. Take one piece and push the toothpick through so that the roll is evenly spaced in the center. Repeat with the remaining pieces. Arrange, spiral side up, on a serving plate. Serve your roast beef immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
Nutrition at a Glance
Per serving: 226 calories, 22 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (1 g saturated), 35 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 409 mg sodium

Better Blueberry Pancakes
Yes, you can have pancakes without blowing your diet -- just heat up the griddle and mix together this easy recipe from The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
If you and your family are pancake fanatics, you can double, triple, and even quadruple this Biggest Loser blueberry pancake recipe with great success; the batter will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.

Makes 2 (4-pancake) servings

1/2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup whole-grain oat flour
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! spray
1/2 cup fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
Sugar-free, low-calorie pancake syrup (optional)
100% fruit orange marmalade spread (optional)

Preheat the oven to 200°F.

In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, flour, egg white, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Whisk just until blended. Stir in the blueberries. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to mist lightly with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! cooking spray. Return the pan to the heat. Pour the batter in 1/8-cup dollops onto the skillet to form 3 or 4 pancakes. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the tops and the bottoms are golden brown. Flip. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until browned on the bottom. Transfer to an oven-proof plate. Cover with aluminum foil. Place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with cooking spray and the remaining batter to make 8 pancakes total.

Place 4 pancakes on each of 2 serving plates. Serve your blueberry pancakes immediately with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! spray, syrup, and/or fruit spread, if desired.
Nutrition at a Glance
Per serving: 140 calories, 8 g protein, 20 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat (less than 1 g saturated), 5 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 687 mg sodium

Biggest Loser Recipes
Mom's New Beef Stew
Perfect for after the game, a brisk walk outside, or any chilly day when you could use a warm bowl of comfort food! Excerpted from The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
Makes 4 (2 1/4-cup) servings
1 tablespoon whole-grain oat flour
1/8 teaspoon garlic power
1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
Pinch of ground black pepper, plus more to taste
1 pound top round steak, cut into 1" cubes
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounces button mushrooms, each halved
1 onion, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cans (14 ounces each) lower-sodium, fat-free beef broth
2 large carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes

In a medium resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the beef and shake the bag until all the cubes are coated. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.

Set a large nonstick soup pot over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. Add the oil. Add the reserved beef cubes to the pot in a single layer. Cook for about 1 minute per side, or until browned. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon and scraping any browned bits from the pan bottom.

Add the broth and carrots. Increase the heat to high. When the broth comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low so the mixture simmers gently. Cover and cook for 45 minutes.

Add the potatoes. Cook for another 45 minutes, or until the beef is fork tender. Season with additional salt and pepper. Serve your beef stew immediately.
Nutrition at a Glance
Per serving: 275 calories, 31 g protein, 29 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat (2 g saturated), 50 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 583 mg sodium

Biggest Loser Recipes
Pete's Man-Size Low-Calorie Omelet
Breakfast lovers will leap out of bed for this veggie and cheese-packed egg dish. Excerpted from The Biggest Loser Cookbook.

Makes 1 serving
1 uncooked Biggest Winner Breakfast Sausage patty, crumbled
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped orange bell pepper
1/2 cup Cheese & Chive Egg Beaters
1 wedge (3/4 ounce) Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb cheese, chopped
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste

Set a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove from the heat to mist with olive oil spray. Place the sausage, onion, mushrooms, and bell peppers in the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Remove from the pan. Cover and set aside to keep warm.

Mist the pan with olive oil spray. Set over medium heat. Add the Egg Beaters. Cook, lifting the edges with a spatula as they start to set and tipping the pan for uncooked Egg Beaters to run underneath, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until almost set. With a spatula, flip the omelet. Scatter the cheese evenly over half of the egg mixture. Top with the reserved vegetables. Fold the omelet in half. Cook for about 1 minute, or until the cheese melts. Transfer to a serving plate. Season with salt and pepper. Serve your omelet immediately.

Nutrition at a Glance
Per serving: 213 calories, 24 g protein, 22 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat (1 g saturated), 28 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 605 mg sodium

Biggest Loser Recipes
Breakfast Burrito (this one is really good!!
Rev up your morning with this energizing cheese and turkey bacon-filled burrito! Excerpted from The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
This yummy Biggest Loser breakfast recipe's flavors will make a convert of anyone who has been reluctant to associate burritos with their morning meal!
Makes 1 serving
3 large egg whites
1 strip nitrate-free turkey bacon, chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons seeded, chopped fresh tomato
1 whole-wheat flour, 96% fat-free tortilla (8" diameter)
1/4 cup (1/2 ounce) finely shredded Cabot 75% Light Cheddar Cheese
2 teaspoons red taco sauce

Mist a small microwaveable bowl with olive oil spray. Add the egg whites. Set aside.
Set a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to mist with cooking spray. Set over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes. Add the onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Add the tomato. Cook for about 1 minute, or until just heated. Transfer the bacon mixture to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Place the tortilla in the pan and return to medium-high heat. Cook for about 30 seconds per side, or until just warm.
Meanwhile, microwave the egg whites on low power for 30 seconds. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until they are just a bit runny on top. Stir them with a fork, breaking into large pieces. If they are still undercooked, cook them in 10-second intervals until just done. Stir in the reserved bacon mixture.
Place the tortilla on a serving plate. Sprinkle on the cheese leaving about 2" bare on one end, in an even strip (about 3" wide) running down the center. Top with the reserved egg white mixture and drizzle on the taco sauce. Fold the bare end of the tortilla up over the filling, and then fold the sides of the tortilla over the middle. Serve your breakfast burrito immediately.

Nutrition at a Glance
Per serving: 251 calories, 24 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (less than 1 g saturated), 28 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 630 mg sodium

Biggest Loser Recipes
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich
On the Biggest Loser plan, you can eat many of the dishes you previously enjoyed--only you'll skip the heavy fats and colossal calorie counts! Excerpted from The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
If you keep a few Biggest Winner Sausage patties on hand (they can be frozen), you can throw these two Biggest Loser breakfast recipes together quicker than you could even make it through the drive-thru.
Makes 1 serving
1 uncooked Biggest Winner Breakfast Sausage patty
1 large egg white
1 whole-grain English muffin
1 slice (3/4 ounce) fat-free yellow American cheese

Set a 3 1/2" round metal cookie cutter to one side in a medium nonstick skillet. Set the pan over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. Mist the skillet and the inner ring of the cutter with olive oil spray. Place the sausage on one side of the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the sausage is no longer pink inside. Meanwhile, drop the egg white into the cookie cutter. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the egg white sets in the middle and the bottom starts to brown. Carefully (wearing an oven mitt) use a butter knife to loosen the egg white from the cutter. Remove the cutter and flip the egg white. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until completely set. Remove from heat.

Meanwhile, toast the muffin. Set the muffin bottom, cut-side up, on a plate. Top with the sausage, the cheese, the cooked egg white, and the muffin top. Serve immediately.

Biggest Loser Recipes
Delicious Chicken Salad
This flavorful chicken salad wrapped in fresh lettuce leaves helps keep calories in check. Excerpted from The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
Biggest Loser Season 2’s Kimmi Dove and Bruce Lebowsky loved the combo of flavors in this chicken recipe. These chicken lettuce wraps have a lot of ingredients, so the recipe might look intimidating, but it is actually quite easy to put together. If you’re not a spicy food lover, you may want to start with 1 teaspoon of hot sauce instead of the 2 teaspoons.

Makes 4 (2-wrap) servings
1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained and minced
1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and minced
3 tablespoons sherry
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon unsalted freshly ground peanut butter or reduced-fat peanut butter
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons hot-pepper sauce
2 packets (.035 ounce each) sugar substitute (such as Splenda)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup minced onion
1/2 pound ground chicken breast
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
8 small leaves butter lettuce
1 whole green onion, chopped
1 small cucumber, seeded and sliced into 1" strips

In a medium bowl, combine the bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, sherry, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce, hot-pepper sauce, and sugar substitute. Mix well. Set aside.
Mist a large, nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and set over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender and just starting to brown. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the chicken, ginger, and salt. Cook, breaking the chicken into small chunks, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink. Add the reserved bamboo shoot mixture. Cook for 2 minutes, or until hot. Stir in the sesame oil. Remove the pan from the heat. Spoon the chicken mixture, evenly divided, into the lettuce leaves. Set on a serving dish. Top with green onion and cucumber. Serve immediately.

Nutrition at a Glance
Per serving: 191 calories, 16 g protein, 22 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat (less than 1 g saturated), 33 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 637 mg sodium

Biggest Loser Recipes
What's for Brunch?
No need to give up salmon and cream cheese when you're eating to lose. Try this low-cal alternative from The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
A number of Biggest Loser contestants asked for a low sodium recipe that would satisfy their cravings for smoked salmon—bagels and lox is a Sunday brunch favorite. The problem, however, is that lox tends to have over 2,000 milligrams of sodium in a 4-ounce serving, which means that a mere ounce has over 500 milligrams. Here is a quick low-sodium recipe for a substitute that gives you that great smoky taste without sending your blood pressure soaring.
Makes 1 serving
2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1/2 ounce smoked salmon, minced
2 Fat-Free RyKrisp Crackers
1 teaspoon minced red onion

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and dill. Mix well. Gently stir in the salmon.
Spread half of the salmon mixture evenly over each cracker. Place on a serving plate. Sprinkle half of the onion over each cracker. Serve immediately.

Nutrition at a Glance
Per serving: 95 calories, 8 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat (trace saturated), 6 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 507 mg sodium

Biggest Winner Breakfast Sausage
These filling breakfast patties pack a lot of protein--not fat and calories, as traditional sausages do
This Biggest Loser breakfast recipe is great as part of breakfast sandwiches or chopped in omelets or other egg dishes. If you’re eating the sausage on its own, a bit more salt is advised (from a flavor standpoint) to make it taste like full-fat sausage that still has a small fraction of the fat and calories. For those who don’t eat pork, chicken or turkey can be substituted, but again, added salt is definitely needed.
Makes 4 patties
1/2 pound extra-lean ground pork or pork tenderloin, ground
1 tablespoon minced red onion
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pork, onion, garlic, thyme, sage, cayenne, black pepper, and salt. With clean hands or a fork, mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts. Shape each into a ball. On a sheet of waxed paper, flatten one ball into a 4 inch-diameter patty. Repeat with the remaining balls. Place any patties that won’t immediately be cooked in a single layer or stacked between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight plastic container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
To cook, select a skillet that’s the appropriate size to hold the patty or patties to be cooked in a single layer. Set the skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to mist with olive oil spray. Set the patty or patties in the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until just starting to brown and no longer pink inside. Serve your breakfast sausage immediately.
Nutrition at a Glance
Per patty: 72 calories, 12 g protein, 1 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat (less than 1 g saturated), 37 mg cholesterol, trace fiber, 101 mg sodium

Biggest Loser Recipes
Dave's Teriyaki Tofu
If you've never tried cooking with tofu, this recipe provides a tasty way to start!
One of The Biggest Loser Season 1 Dave Fioravanti’s favorite things is cooking, especially his improvised teriyaki tofu recipe. He rarely follows recipes. Instead, “I just throw things together,” he says. “If people knew how great healthy food could taste, that’s all they’d eat.” Because Dave is usually in a hurry, he makes this dish using only tofu, teriyaki sauce, garlic, olive oil, and red pepper flakes. I like grabbing a few extra ingredients to make it even more special, as I do below!

Makes 2 servings
1 package (12 ounces) light firm tofu, drained and cut into 1" cubes
3 whole green onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon hot sesame oil
1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
2 tablespoons light teriyaki sauce
1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, or more to taste

Place a nonstick wok or skillet over high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to lightly mist with olive oil spray. Heat for 3 seconds. Add the tofu, green onions, garlic, ginger, olive oil, and sesame oil. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the broccoli. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 12 minutes, or until the tofu is browned on all sides. Stir in the teriyaki sauce. Season with pepper flakes. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds, or until the sauce thickens slightly. Spoon onto 2 serving plates. Serve your teriyaki tofu immediately.
Nutrition at a Glance
Per serving: 118 calories, 13 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat (less than 1 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 597 mg sodium

Biggest Loser Recipes
Indian Chicken Salad Pockets
Curry provides delicious oomph to everyday chicken salad. Excerpted from The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
When you are making a Biggest Loser recipe, there’s nothing like mixing low-fat mayonnaise with stronger flavors to give it the richness of a full-fat mayonnaise. In this Indian chicken salad recipe, try pairing low-fat mayo with curry paste, found in the international food aisle of most major grocery stores. Just be sure you don’t go crazy with these pastes in other dishes—most are insanely full of fat and sodium. But they also have very strong flavor, so in a dish like this—where 1/2 teaspoon does it—they are absolutely delicious.

Makes 2 servings
1 1/2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lime juice, preferably fresh squeezed
1/2 teaspoon curry paste
3/4 cup (4 ounces) chopped grilled chicken breast
1 1/2 tablespoons seeded, chopped cucumber
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 whole-wheat pita (6 1/2" diameter), cut in half
2 leaves green leaf lettuce

In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, and curry paste. Whisk to blend. Add the chicken, cucumber, and onion. Mix well.

Spoon the mixture evenly into the pita halves. Add the lettuce. Serve your Indian chicken salad pockets immediately.

Nutrition at a Glance
Per serving: 186 calories, 20 g protein, 16 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (1 g saturated), 48 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 304 mg sodium
mizzaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #10  

Vicki, I got you friended and hope to catch you on some time.

Pixiegal and mizzaquarius, I added you both to my yahoo IM and hope its ok to say hi some time.

If we see each other on, we could checkup on how each other's doing with our goals.

Cya chickies later!

-Jen