Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:06 AM   #1  

Default Hello.. I'm New

Hello Everyone!

I first found this website over 4 years ago. I was on the Atkins back then and lost about 15 lbs. That was the last diet I've been in. I recently got married and not even that was a motovation for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this boat. It's just so hard to get myself into gear and stick to something....

I have a 1.5 hour commute (each way) to work. Coming home and cooking is the last thing I want to do. But I need to break the fast food habit but not just for me.. but my husband.

I guess what really shook me was when I went to see my doctor. We're going to try start having kids next year... and at this point... i'm just making it harder on myself to get pregnant the doctor tells me.

So it hit me.. If i were to get pregnant like this.. I wouldn't be the healthest mom. I'm changing that today!

I vow to lose 40 pounds(I need to loose 100 but hey.. I'm starting off with small goals)! I look forward to getting to know everyone and hearing everyone elses stories!
EmpressOnMySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

welcome and good luck! and you're absolutely right. it's definitely best to set smaller more realistic goals for yourself that you can meet along the way. weight loss is a long haul and i think it can get overwhelming if you're always keeping your eye on a distant faraway prize.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:11 AM   #3  

Height: 6'2

Welcome to 3fc! Small goals are more easily attained and keeps motivation up once you hit it, you just have to keep going... Have you decided on the path to obtain the loss?
luvtolose728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #4  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

Congrats on taking the first step! that can sometimes be the very hardest.... So how do you want to lose it? do you have any certain kind of diet/ exercis plan or you still kind of feeling things out?
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #5  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Knowing why you're not losing is really important. Often its more than what we're eating. Having a goal helps me and your goal is definatly one for which to shoot!

I know what its like to commute and then need to cook. What helped me is to have a meal plan. I plan and shop for 7 days once a week. I don't assign a particular meal to a specific day. I can look at my plan and it alerts me to any health or budget issues (eg. too many carbs etc). Also, I have everything I need for a meal so there is no need to guess what's for dinner or a need to go shopping. Plan healthy meals that are easy to prepare or prep part of the meals on your days off (eg. chopping the veggies and put them into plastic bags).

It does take a little effort, I'm not going to kid you. Anything worth doing does. However, it will become as routine as the fast food drive through. I feel lost without a plan now.

Good luck!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies! Thanks for the kind support. I've decided to join Weight Watchers.
EmpressOnMySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #7  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to say Hi, and tell you all that every one of you is an inspiration to me, one day we will all be skinny *****es ha ha
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:01 AM   #8  
No description available.

Welcome back! We have a busy WW forum full of support! Sounds like you have great motivation. Planning ahead can take some work, but it is worth it. I had to break the fast food cycle myself. Forget Racheal Ray and her 30 minute meals! I'm the queen of the 10 minute meal!! There are lots of healthy foods that you can prepare in a flash---as long as you prepare in advance!

I'm glad you're here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote