Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198.8/192.8/130

Height: 5'4

Default Tired of being the 'fat' friend

So I have finally reached my lowest point and am determined to do something about the problem once and for all. My name is Paula and I recently turned 30 and reached my heaviest weight, 198.8lbs. I am adamant that I will not hit the 200lb mark, so since it is a New Year I am starting from scratch.

I would like to get down to 130lbs, so have 68.8lbs to lose. I am on the South Beach Diet at the recommendation of my Doctor, and so far so good. Although Phase 1 breakfasts are proving difficult if you don't like eggs. :/

I would love to make a few new friends dealing with the same issues, and if anyone is from Dorset, an exercise buddy would be great.
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Tonks! (HP reference?)

You've got yourself a site full of buddies. You may want to check out the UK Chicks section for those near to you, there's also the South Beach Diet area under Diet Central, and there's the 30-somethings section

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Tonks!

Glad you have joined us.

I don't care for eggs either
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #4  

Thank you both! The name is a reference to HP yes, my friends thought it fitting since I used to have purple hair. lol

I don't mind eggs, but after a couple of days, I tire of them and crave something different.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #5  
restarted

S/C/G: 233/229/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey there!! Your name caught my eye.
I have tried the SB Diet a few times and never make it past the first week, but breakfasts were my favorite part of the day - I love eggs! It was lunch, dinner, and snacks that got me. So, I guess it is easy to see why I failed on that. I am just plain old calorie counting now. It is what works best for me, but I have known quite a few women who have been VERY successful on SBD.
So, have you found any breakfasts that you enjoy on the plan?
Coffee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #6  

I do like eggs, so omelettes and scrambled eggs aren't too bad, every now and again, but since most nutritionists recommend no more than 7 eggs a week, it is proving a challenge to find something as filling, quick to fix and as versatile for my morning meal. I know that once I am in phase 2, breakfasts, and meals altogether will be easier to prepare but so far I have found nothing other than eggs that I can eat for breakfast

How is the calorie counting working out for you?

Last edited by Tonks; 01-05-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonks View Post
I do like eggs, so omelettes and scrambled eggs aren't too bad, every now and again, but since most nutritionists recommend no more than 7 eggs a week, it is proving a challenge to find something as filling, quick to fix and as versatile for my morning meal. I know that once I am in phase 2, breakfasts, and meals altogether will be easier to prepare but I am really struggling in phase 1 to find suitable breakfast meals.

How is the calorie counting working out for you?
I'm no SBD expert, nor am I an egg expert, but if nutritionists are recommending no more than 7 eggs a week is it because of the yolk?

Is it SBD safe to eat just an egg-white? Because there are many egg-white omelette recipes out there and such.

Check out this area: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110

At the top there are meal ideas.

Last edited by Lovely; 01-05-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote