Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #1  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Default New Texan

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie. I've decided to become healthy before summer of next year (by June 1, 2009). Healthy to me means not only am I going to go from 185 pounds to 150 pounds and make healthier choices with what I do eat, but I'm going to kick a 6 year smoking habit. Dun dun duhhhhh. I'm motivated by a cervical cancer threat looming, which smoking and being overweight can only make worse. I'm a little terrified, which I suppose is good for motivation.
I moved from a big city with lots of friends, biking trails and walkable shopping areas to a small town with no friends. I think that mostly led to the pounds I've accumulated over the last year. My other big issue is that I loooove to cook, and I've really enjoyed experimenting with all kinds of foods - and I live alone, and have a bit of an issue with portion sizes. I plan to buy a kitchen scale so I can be exact with portion sizes. My goal is 1500 calories a day.
My exercise motivation is my 10 month old Labrador/Chow pup named Bear. Even if I can find a million reasons i'd rather just stay home and not go for a walk, Bear insists.
So the quitting smoking at the same time is what is freaking me out at the moment. I think I may seperate out my lunch into 100 calorie 'snacks' so that I can have one every time I think I need a smoke and I still don't break the diet.
Anyone else done this before? Any tips? Thanks.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:49 AM   #2  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

creepy, i'm from texas, same weight area, same finishing goal XD
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #3  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

That's crazy! I read your other post (from the yeeha state), and I totally feel you on the moving away for a guy. I'm very sorry it didn't work out, that is rough. If you ever need a listening ear or a bit of motivation, holler my way.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #4  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

aw, thanks. You too!
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #5  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm so with you on your journey. I moved to CA seven years ago not so much for a guy but for his kids and that didn't work out. I love it here but I am now 2500 miles away from my only son, DIL, and soon to be one year old grandbaby. I was around 145 when I left seven years ago.

As for the smoking I can relate to that also. Still have not given that up 100%.; I smoke while on vacation. I know this has not helped in my efforts to lose weight. At this point I have no vacation plans till spring or summer so I should be good.

Remember, we CAN do this!!!
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote