Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #1  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Talking New here- battling PCOS

Hi everyone! My name is Beerab (no that's not my real name lol) and I'm coming here to get as much support as I can for weight loss

I have PCOS (poly cyst ovarian syndrome). For those who don't know what that is, it's basically a hormonal imbalance that causes you to have insulin resistance and makes it very easy to gain weight while very hard to lose it

I'm currently at 213 pounds, about two weeks ago I started the Fat Smash diet and have lost 8 lbs so far and I'm going full force cuz I'm tired of being fat- I'm only 25- my body should be hot- not fat and flabby

My sister is doing it with me which is nice- though she started at 125 and is now down to 115- only five more pounds to go for her- but hm let's see let me calculate.... only SEVENTY EIGHT for me to hit my goal of 135 pounds

Well anyways, nice to meet you all, good luck to everyone else!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Beerab

There are many members here with diagnosed PCOS or PCOS-like symptoms who are working to lose weight. In fact, we have a whole area under Dieting with Obstacles for PCOS Make sure to check it out! Also, you may want to check out the 20-somethings section.

Stick around, post & keep us updated You can do it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

Thanks I will definitely check it out!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Beerab - I'm a fellow PCOS-er, and it IS possible to lose weight, though it can be harder. The payoff, though, is that symptoms improve with weight loss for most.

Look around, settle in, and keep going. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:05 AM   #5  
Soul Cyster

Thanks mandalinn- I read your story- congratulations on all your weight loss!

It's funny, all my life I dieted and took pills and everything, and I can't believe it's the Fat Smash diet that's actually working for me.

I have a doctor's appointment on January 30 and I'm hoping by then to be down to 200 lbs and impress my doctor- when I last saw her I was 218 and she was just as frustrated as I was with my weight problem.

I ran out of metformin today and didn't realize how much that stuff works cuz today I just wanted to eat! I appeased my stomach with a bowl of soup- but tomorrow it's back on board cuz I got my pills this afternoon
Old 12-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

I too have PCOS symptoms and have been reading the info from the members on ths site and have gained tons of info! I look fwd. to hearing more for you and giving you my full support!
dinomama is offline   Reply With Quote