Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #1  
Steph

S/C/G: 203 / 203 / 165

Height: 5'7

Default Got out of control....

Hi to all you fellow health-seekers,
I'm here because I am ready to admit that I let my weight get out of control and it's about time I did something about it. My struggles are...1. New desk job...2. Quit smoking 4 months ago...3. Three year old daughter who leaves food on her plate and I like to finish it...4. I like a beer now and again...5. Been trying to get prego again for almost a year and no luck. I'm 28, live in denver with wonderful husband and kiddo, have a great job i never thought i'd have, and overall I feel like a thin person stuck in a body that's too big for me. I've never been thin in my whole life, but I've always been a "healthy" weight...that is, until now.
I'm ready, and I know I'm going to love getting to know all of you and having a support system.
Thanks to all of you in advance, and I am looking forward to being a cheerleader for you all too.
Cheers!
coloradomomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:47 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to 3FC, Steph!

Congratulation on quitting smoking... that is huge!
Dump those leftovers in the garbage as soon as your daughter has finished eating. You don't need that.
Best wishes to you! You can do this!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3FC! Ellis is right, dump those leftovers! That is one bad habit we get in to. I couldnt stand 'wasting' food so I always finished my sons plate, boy am I paying for it now. But now his leftovers go straight in the garbage. Heck, I was probably eating and extra 100-300 calories a day just finishing his meals...egads!

And congrats on being an ex smoker! That is one hard habit to beat, but I would say after four months you pretty well got it made. Good job! Look forward to seeing you around. Good luck on your journey to better health!
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Yeah, pour water over that left over food!

Hey.. We have close to the same stats! I started at very close to your same weight!
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you found us! Congrats on quitting smoking. Come back often! The folk here are very helpful and encouraging and helped keep me on track!!!

CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #6  
Skinny Inside

Get rid of the leftovers - they do none of us any favours.
yogajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7''

What I find works for me and has worked for me in the past is, I do the cooking, and other people do the clean up. This prevents you from allowing yourself to rationalize extra bites or sneaking something you shouldn't be eating. My boyfriend doesn't mind dish duty ( I usually clean as I go, so it's not that bad anyway) and he likes my cooking. Maybe you could try this. Or some portion of this idea.

Also- I know in this struggling economy it is difficult to watch your hard earned $$ being thrown down the garbage disposal or dumped into the trash, but throwing it out will eventually save you money. Think about the health risks and costs associated with being overweight. Maybe you could also try to cook less, and make more if the kiddo is still hungry. This may be another alternative. Good luck!!!
Want2LiveLife is offline   Reply With Quote