Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #1  
Progress, not perfection!

S/C/G: 132/118/110

Height: 5'0

Default Hi everyone!

I am SO hoping to find some positive, fun people here for support, advice, and encouragement. I have been looking around/posting on some other forums (fora? lol) and have found them to be unhealthy or snarky or both. Discouraging.

So here is my standard intro; I hope to find a new home HERE.

Quick background:

I have always been SKINNY, all my life. Even after having 2 kids, I was the woman who bounced back in a few months to her pre-pregnancy weight. (Loose skin and stretch marks, however, have been my nemesis!)

About 5 years ago, I started taking some meds that caused me to gain a lot of weight, and even when I stopped taking them I found I couldn't lose it. When I went to the doctor to have my cholesterol checked, they did my BMI and I was in the "overweight" category. I was shocked. I guess I didn't realize, you know? I mean, I knew I had gained some weight, but I didn't realize it was 23 pounds of it! I also should mention that I am only 5'0 so what sounds like a small number to some was actually a lot on me. Even just 5 extra pounds on my small frame is 2 jeans sizes.

I decided at that point that I was unhealthy. Tired, cranky, always winded, not sleeping, stressed out. I needed a change in a big way!

I never really had to watch what I ate or anything, so it was very difficult for me to learn about nutrition labels, calorie counting, fat grams, fiber/protein, etc. And exercise?Forget it! I hate it! lol.

Well, long story short, I was able to lose 23 pounds over the course of about 18 months and get down to my healthy weight of 112. (Yes, I know, sounds small! But seriously, that's MY healthy weight, I swear!)

THEN, I started dating my now-husband. This is a man who likes his meat and potatoes, but please hold ALL other vegetables. No wheat please, and definitely lots of sugar in the coffee. You get the picture. Add in sports events with all its soda and hot dogs, etc. and pretty soon, my weight loss victory was completely in the ruins. I didn't gain it ALL back, but quite a bit of it.

In the last year of so, I have lost and regained the same 10 pounds. I am SO sick of this roller coaster ride! I want OFF!

So here I am... water-drinking, body-moving, leafy-green-eating, step-counting, the whole nine yards. I don't WANT to feel sluggish anymore. I don't WANT to feel irritable and cranky anymore . I don't WANT to feel tired all the time.

This time, I have to do it. I am 31 years old.. I have so many years still to look as hot as I feel! Right?!

Besides, I have a whole CLOSET full of clothes that don't fit and I'm way too cheap to buy new ones. lol. I've been wearing the same 2 pairs of jeans for the last 6 months. Anyone else ever have to do that? It sucks!

So, nice to meet you all! I look forward to getting to know you all better and to hopefully get some support from you, as well as offer my own!

~OFF my franny!

Last edited by offmyfranny; 11-17-2008 at 09:50 AM.
offmyfranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/172/125

Height: 5' 1"

Hi OFF! Cute screen name by the way! I totally understand where you are coming from! We are all in this together so let's shed these pounds and keep them off once and for all!
diamondgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #3  
Sports Goddess

S/C/G: 265/120.2

Height: 5'4"

Welcome. Glad you're here.
AAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

I think you WILL find that 3FC is different. The folk here are awesome!!!
Come back often and let us know how you are doing
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/204/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Franny-- thanks for the hello! I totally understand your point about having a closet full of clothes that fit and being too cheap to buy more. Most of my clothes fit, but would look so much better if I managed to get that extra weight off. It's annoying buying different size clothes constantly. Here's to ending the rollercoaster!
McLauren84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/204/160

Height: 5'6"

Also, I gained a lot of my weight when I started dating my boyfriend four years ago. Men can eat pretty much whatever they want! It takes a real conscious effort to eat differently than our men. It took a long time for me to accept that I can't compare myself to him and say, "well if he is eating it, i should get to eat it, too!"
McLauren84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #7  

Quote:
Men can eat pretty much whatever they want! It takes a real conscious effort to eat differently than our men. It took a long time for me to accept that I can't compare myself to him and say, "well if he is eating it, i should get to eat it, too!"
Yep! It's not fair! (But not much in this world can be expected to be, huh?)
But, to be honest, he's put on some weight too. The good news is that I'm in charge of the groceries and he rarely offers input. Whatever I put in front of him, he'll eat for the most part. He's happy as long as he has sandwich fixings in the fridge as his life preserver if he needs it. He still eats crap at work but at least he's supportive of me at home, you know?

Seriously though.. I am starting to prefer Kashi's thin-crust flaxseed pizza to Pizza Hut anyway. LOL.

Last edited by offmyfranny; 11-17-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #8  
snow belle

S/C/G: 175/171/140

Height: 5'8''

HI,

Welcome, I just joined recently as well. I haven't been here long but it really is an amazing site.

And heck yes I want to wear all my old clothes!
Maria Alegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #9  

hi, Maria! We'll do it!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #10  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Well, I dont have a lot of clothes because I just got too discouraged one day and got rid of all of them. They would have been out of style by the time I got back in them anyway. I definitely know what you mean about the same 2 pairs of pants, but thanks to the 20 pounds someone took off my butt and belly I now have 4 pairs I can wear...woo hoo...oh, and by the way, WELCOME TO 3FC!!!
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #11  

Thanks, Gloria! 4 pairs?! Wow! I can't wait until I can fit into 4 whole pairs! lol.

Well, once I get to my goal weight, I'll have like 12 pairs that fit! Woohoo!