Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5' 1"

Smile Hi to all New here. Help in up n down from am to pm

Hello to you all. I'm new here and starting off on the wrong foot. So SORRY. Lets just say Im a happy go lucky kinda person. I love life and people. I mostly Im a positive kinda of person. I dont like negitive at all. I guess I get mad at myself sometimes cause I do get on that negitive side once in a while, like when I try on some of my old stuff. All I want is some help and understanding on some things, from friends that are out there with there ups and downs. One thing for sure unless I need a new scale is, (Why if you wiegh yourself in the morning and then in the evening the wieght is more). I just dont get it. I work on the road (Maintenence dept) so I think I get plenty of walking and lifting excersize and alot of up and down truck steps. Then when Im home I think Thats the down fall. My guy cooks and boy is he a great cook at that. I find myself at time over eating just because its so tastey. Yes I feel it like a half hour later Very bad of me. So I'm here to find the RIGHT diet for me. wieghts up and down, eating things that i shouldnt and at te wrong time. Never know whats right to eat with other foods. H E L P P L E A S E Wishing everyone success
livinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #2  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/209/170

Height: 5ft 7

You are definately in the right place! We are or have been in the same boat!
Im not completely positive, but I think night-day weight changes is because of water and food breaking down and stuff. I know for me personally my weigh in time is always first thing in the morning, after I pee, before I shower and before I eat. Its the best number of my day!
Good luck to you! You can do it! I know how hard it is to say no to a second plate of great food....
You can do it!
erinmagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglife View Post
Why if you wiegh yourself in the morning and then in the evening the wieght is more
Because you've eaten. In the morning you have a empty stomach. It's natural. Your weight will fluctuate through the day.

Quote:
Then when Im home I think Thats the down fall. My guy cooks and boy is he a great cook at that. I find myself at time over eating just because its so tastey.
Try eating a salad beforehand to fill up. It's really about portion control. You can eat his dinners. But try to pair it with a couple veggie dishes so you eat less of it.

Quote:
So I'm here to find the RIGHT diet for me. wieghts up and down, eating things that i shouldnt and at te wrong time. Never know whats right to eat with other
Poke around! I recommend calorie counters.
Dont worry so much about eating things you "shouldn't" and just eat less of it. Focus on rounding out your meals with a bread, a lean protein, and a fruit/veggie. Whole wheat pastas, brown rice, chicken, fish, turkey, fruits, veggies, and healthy fats like almonds are good ways to start.
I don't think there's a wrong time to ever eat anything. Especially when you're just starting out, it's nothing to worry about.

I would say experiment, try new things, and get educated before you do anything else.

Good luck!
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5' 1"

Thanks for the comments back. calorie counters seen to be good but still looking and keeping the in the front line. Now weighing in the AM is better to see but I guess the main weight would be the evening if someone ask, thanks again Just want to thank everyone again. Have a Great Weekend.
livinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/268/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!!!!!
tlindsey82 is offline   Reply With Quote