Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #1  
Happy Mama Chick

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'5

Default Newbie here - Hello!

Hello! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I've struggled with my weight for years, since I was a young teenager. As a teen, I stayed skinny by not eating...for days at a time. Ah, the days when I thought 110 was fat! In college, I had a free membership to a gym with tuition, so even though I ate like a college kid and paid zero attention to my diet, I still stayed around 135 lbs with lots of exercise. Fast-forward to today - eight years, one husband and two kids later - and I'm at an all-time high: 210. I've never really had my eating under control and my husband is an amazing cook. He is also overweight, though he's much taller than me and it looks better on him, lol.

Anyway, I just found this site a couple of days ago and I have found so much inspiration just reading all the stories, looking at everyone's tickers and seeing all the progress. I know I can do this! I've got to eat healthier - not just for me, but for the kiddos as well. They are small (3 and 1) but they still pay attention to what Mommy eats and I don't want to set them up for a lifetime of yo-yo dieting and unhealthy habits. So here I am! My goal is 130. I'm 5'5" and while I probably could me smaller than that, I feel like 130 is more my real-life weight that I could maintain. Wish me luck! I look forward to getting to know everyone soon.

Mandy

Last edited by Mandalou; 11-10-2008 at 11:34 AM. Reason: I already forgot my goal weight...
Mandalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/see ticker/130

Height: 5-2

Mandy,

Welcome! You can do this and you will do this! Congrats on taking the first step!
Shannon
Shannonk1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #3  
You can call me Chantili

S/C/G: 227/225/130

Height: 5'6

Mandy, welcome to the group. You have taken the first step! I know that you will find lots of inspiration on this forum! I have only been a member for a few days, and have already learned so much. I think to myself, one day at a time, and in doing so, I don't beat myself up over choices I made yesterday. I just try to make this day better than yesterday!

Good luck and I look forward to talking to you more!
Monkeybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #4  
Wishful Shrinking

S/C/G: 226/221/160

Height: 5'9''

Welcome to the site!
golfinchick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum, Mandy!

Is your husband supportive of your weight loss efforts? Can you sit down together and plan some meals? (lucky you his being a good cook!)
Best wishes to you!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #6  
Happy Mama Chick

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'5

Thank you for the warm welcome!

ellis - My husband is supportive to a degree, meaning he supports the fact that I'd like to lose weight but he tends to bring some of the biggest temptations! Like I said, he's an amazing cook. He makes delicious and often very fattening meals and can get kinda offended when I don't eat enough. He comes from a family of cooks and they're serious about food! He hounds me to eat certain things sometimes, and I'm just sorta flabbergasted by it. Plus, he's overweight as well (6'1, about 285) and he doesn't really seem to mind it. And I love him just the way he is, I really do, but it would be nice if we could do this together so we didn't have all the tempting food around. I do all the grocery shopping and when I come home with healthier items, like ground turkey instead of ground beef, he says "oh, great, so we're on a health kick again??" He's kidding around a lot, but it gets old! I plan on doing this and hopefully inspring him along the way.

And now, I have to buy a new scale as well! My kids messed with ours (a dial) and broke the glass cover. Anyone know of a scale that is kid-proof?
Mandalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #7  
eat less, move more!

Height: 5' 2"

Good luck Mandalou!
You have your work cut out for you with a husband who wants to eat good food and he cooks too!
My hubby is skinny but he eats junk all the time, chips and ice cream, ect.
I imagine you'll have a tougher time avoiding the goodies when your hubby cooks them up for you.
I think you should have a talk with him & ask him to try to support you with your health kick for a few weeks, maybe that will get you started. He'll see you lose a few pounds and how happy it makes you feel and he'll catch on.
Billies Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #8  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I would say it's a good thing that your husband likes to cook, give him a couple new HEALTHY recipes to try!!! ahaha

GOOD LUCK!
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote