Weight loss for the fourth time - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 169.5/169.5/130

Height: 5'2

Default Weight loss for the fourth time

So, I've probably been on the weight gain/weight loss cycle about 3 times already. And each time, it's about 30 lbs.

I'm at the peak in this cycle right now, weighing in at 169.4 lbs. at 5'2. I'm 24 years old and I've been at this weight for about a year now. I finally decided that I WILL lose the weight and break the cycle for good.

I used to be active and to be able to eat all I wanted.... but that meant working out every day for at least 1.5 hours to compensate for my appetite. That was all fine and dandy when I was a college student, when I could fit in workouts between classes. But now in the working world, it's much harder to allot that time... not to mention my food intake remained the same.

My goal is to be 130. I am really trying to get it in my head that sacrificing a bit now will pay off loads in the future. It's just food.

My new plan is to do cardio 4x a week and strength train 2x a week. I really hope I can stick to this. I'm usually golden for about two weeks, but when I stop seeing results, I revert back to sedentary me. Again, I need to remind myself of the high I get when I work out consistently and when I see my pants fit looser and looser.

I'll try to post regularly to update my status. Wish me luck!

Last edited by onagainoffagain; 11-04-2008 at 02:41 AM. Reason: grammar
onagainoffagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:08 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

It's not only about the results we see now. It's about our entire futures. Exercising & moving more in a little way during the week gives us the chance to stay healthier for the rest of our lives.

You may want to start by checking out the 20-somethings. There's also an Exercise section, too.

Post wherever you're comfortable. Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:19 AM   #3  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to 3FC. Take a look around and as Faerie says join in where you feel comfortable.

Instead of thinking of this as sacrificing, you may want to look at it as a permanent change. Perhaps you can lose more slowly, without sacrifice, and be successful and maintaining the loss. Also, if you find you're not seeing results after exercising for two weeks, come and talk here about your experience. Sometimes folks discover when they increase their activity that they're not eating enough.

Best wishes.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote