Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/219/130

Height: 5 feet nuthin

Default Hi

Hi all.
I made a decision today, I have to change my life.
My doctor wants me to have surgery and my insurance wont may anything related so I have to do this the old fashioned way. I have tried, and tried and tried and failed. (and failed and failed and failed) Im sick of the cycle.

I need a new life so I decided to re-visit some things that have helped me be successful or get through past situations and message boards is a part of that. I used to moderate on a board for infertility issues. Those friendships and bonds helped me get through a signifigantly difficult time in my life. The support was unbelievable. Im looking for that here. I hope I have come to the right place. A place to support one another and share ideas/advice.

Im 35, mother of two, one is 14, the other will be 2 in Nov. Yep, it took us that long to beat the infertility problems! 12 years age difference! Im married to a wonderful man, hes my best friend. Im a sahm.

I have other chronic health problems as well as fightin the fat. I have made up my mind today that I WILL CHANGE MY LIFE SOMEHOW! Maybe this denial from the insurance is a blessing in disguise?!? I dont know, but Im hoping for the best! I look forward to meeting all of you.
puppytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Puppytoes -

I'm so glad you've found us. This is a WONDERFUL spot, truly, for those on a weight loss journey of ANY kind. Welcome!

We have forums by age range, by eating plan, by special issues or circumstances such as PCOS/Insulin Resistance...look around, find a spot, and settle in. And most of all, keep posting!

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #3  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Puppytoes and welcome to 3FC. you have definitely come to the right place. If anyone knows what your going through its the ones here. The people here are great, very support and helpful and such a wealth of great information passes through these pages. So look around, settle in and keep posting. I look forward to seeing you around....BTW, have you decided what you are going to do? ie, exercise, diet...just curious...there are so many options...good luck on your journey.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:56 PM   #4  

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #5  

Gloria-I dont have a clue what I am going to do. I dont really know where to start, everything has always failed in the past. I guess the only thing I know right now is that I am going to start trying to modify some behaviors that I know are bad. Break some bad habits. and Water, lots and lots of water. lol

Is there anything I can do to jumpstart my metabolism?
I have other problems and rigorous exercise isnt possible right now.
I didnt know if any of those liquid diets would be good or what?
I just dont know what to do
Old 10-31-2008, 02:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/181/135

Height: 5'7

Start walking, if you can. Invest in a treadmill, a used treadmill. Park that bad boy in the living room and dare anyone to say anything. And yep, water. I'm so fed up with myself. Keep up your additude and lets get this done!
chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:15 PM   #7  

I have a Gazelle, guess Ill have to get it out again. Gonna have to do it when my toddler sleeps, otherwise she will get hurt, those things really swing back and forth!

Yes, water....Im no good at it either. I just have to do it.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:25 PM   #8  
I will be positive

Well, I agree with chunky about the walking, thats a great place to start, because even if you dont change your diet right away you will at least be burning off a few extra calories every day. It really is hard to know where to start. Do you start with diet? exercise? what? You have to look at yourself and know where your weaknesses are and start from there. What have you done in the past? What worked? what didnt? Just dont try to take the world on all at one time and overwhelm yourself. Take it easy, take it slow.
If you need anyone to talk to I am currently between jobs due to a move across country so just PM me, I'm here most of the time, sad to say.. But it really has helped me being here reading everyones stories. Good luck, keep your chin up and hang in there. It will happen.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #9  
I will be positive

Well, lucky for me I love water. Would you drink it better if it had lemon or lime in it? Something for flavor?

See, I spend wayyy too much time here...lol
Old 10-31-2008, 02:44 PM   #10  

LOL Gloria, Im GLAD you are here. I will probably be back and forth, but online most of the time. I just have to chase after a almost two yr old most of the time! ha ha I used to like the crystal light stuff when my grandma would make it when i was a kid. I guess i could do that, it would be better than pop huh? LOL Im kidding, I know it would be better, Imjust being sarcastic! (cant help it....he he its in my genes)
Old 10-31-2008, 02:49 PM   #11  

I just went back and re-read your post, you are right. I do know where alot of my problems are...pop....bad carbs....salty stuff...choc.....Just plain ol terrible eating habits. Whats been so frustrating to me in the past is that I would follow nutritionists and honestly lose very little weight. So, in the end i would get frustrated and just eat what I wanted anyways. Look where that intelligent line of thinking has gotten me! Ugh
I do have other health problems that contribute to the inability to lose but still no excuses on the junk food. There....its out there....I finally admitted it to someone but myself. Whew....that kinda feels good. Although I know its no secret...everyone sees what I eat, I suppose im just the last one to ackowledge it.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #12  
I will be positive

when you have a lot of weight to lose a good sense of humor can come in very handy. If I didnt have one then the whole family would be dead by now...lol

I understand what you mean about chasing the toddler. My son will be 5 next week but boy does he ever need a lot of attention. Plus we got a puppy this summer and she just beats the crap out of him when shes out of her kennel so I spend a lot of time pulling the two of them apart. Oh the joys...
Old 10-31-2008, 02:58 PM   #13  

sooooo glad you have a sense of humor too. its so hard to get your tone across in type and i always mean things in the nicest of ways.

yes my lil girl will be trying to love on our dog one minute and then is boppin her with a toy the next. so i know where you are coming from. we considered a new puppy this past summer but I just wasnt up to it.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #14  

do you know when can i add a ticker to my posts? id like to keep track of my progress too!
Old 10-31-2008, 03:18 PM   #15  
I will be positive

its suppose to be 20 days and a minimum of 20 post but i didnt have a signature but i did have a ticker wayy before that. I just had to copy and paste the link for sig but that was ok.