Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #1  
Mi Mi

S/C/G: 388/372.4/175

Height: 5'10

Arrow I'm new and trying to learn my way around here...

I'm new and very grateful to have found this sight! Zelma's story really inspired me and brought me to tears. I really need the support and accountability to others to help me survive through my weight loss goals. I don't have much of a support system here as it's just me and my baby girl.

My goal is to take it one minute, one hour, and one day at a time. I want to learn about my body, what to put it in it, and how to keep it performing at maximum health. I joined a gym here at my hospital and tomorrow is my first day there. I don't want to be unrealistic about my goals or weightloss so it will be good to hear about others and connect with others who are going through the same things as me.

But first, if anyone can provide tips on how to manuever through this site, I would greatly appreciate it!
2CtheREALme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.5/249.5/110

Height: 5'2"

Hello, I'm new too. I can't help you with the manuevering, but I wish you great success with your weight loss. Good luck at the gym. By the way, does anyone know why you're not supposed to hold on to the treadmill?
Stick Me With A Fork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the site!!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to 3FC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CtheREALme View Post
My goal is to take it one minute, one hour, and one day at a time. I want to learn about my body, what to put it in it, and how to keep it performing at maximum health. I joined a gym here at my hospital and tomorrow is my first day there. I don't want to be unrealistic about my goals or weightloss so it will be good to hear about others and connect with others who are going through the same things as me.
You are one smart lady.
And you and your daughter are just beautiful.

Your best bet is to start here, and just jump right into any forum(s) that you're comfortable with.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/index.php
You can edit your notification options by going to User CP (top left in purple bar) and then Edit Options. If you use Instant email notification, any thread that you post in will subscribe you, and you'll get an email when someone else posts.

Oh, gosh, am I clear? I'm just working on my second coffee.

Let us know if you have any problems. Best wishes to you!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

So glad to have you joining us and it definitely sounds like you've got a good idea there -- one step at a time is the way to go.

Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions area in that link that Ellis posted and I think you will find a lot of the answers you need. If not, come on back and we will be able to give you more suggestions for resolving specific problems. It is a big, big place and it does take a bit to get used to -- but, trust us, you'll soon have the hang of it.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote