Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-17-2008, 02:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/213/150

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up New to the forum of public posting

Hi,
I feel like the new kid in school. I have never posted in a public forum like this before so I really don't know what to expect. I have done the WW and the Nutrisystem - twice - with no real success. This time I am trying the Prism plan which is a faith based weightloss and eliminating processed foods, refined sugar and white flour. It is amazing how much better I felt the first week sugar free. It doesn't mean I don't feel like an alcoholic in a bar when I see the sweet stuff - I have to admit - I am an addict. It sounds stupid to be addicted to sugar - but I am. So that is my biggest obstacle - overcoming my addiction. It has been so hard without sweet things. I have spent my entire life having at least one thing sweet a day. Now my sweets are natural like fruit and honey. With two siblings with type 2 diabetes and I seemed to be well on my way, it is time to change and get a handle on things. I'm certainly not getting any younger.
Well, I don't know if anyone is going to read this or not, but it seems to be liberating to put it out there that I do have a problem and I am trying to do something about it.
Have a wonderful day.
azcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome and good luck! And don't worry, if you stick with it, you'll get used to the sugar-free lifestyle!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . glad to have you with us . . . you will find lots of support nd encouragement around here -- we actually have a special support group for those following faith-based plans -- but have a good look around and feel free to start posting anywhere that something catches your eye.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #4  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi and welcome! Its a kind of like therapy writing down and actually admitting in public that you have a problem and are trying to do something about it. Makes you feel better just getting it off your chest, and to a bunch of people who will not judge or criticize you. We're all in the same boat here so we're glad you joined us. Keep up the good work and you'll be at your goal before you know it.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with Inspired by you... it can be very liberating expressing yourself in an online forum where no one "knows you". And you'll meet the loveliest people here.

I think your giving up processed foods/sugars/etc is a wonderful gift to your body. Keep up the good work!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote