Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/210.7/180

Height: 5'7

Default New here!!

Hey Everyone!!

I am so thankful that I found a weight loss forum. I have come a long way already but have been stalling out lately and could use the support. I'm 24 years old and am a full time graduate student, studying elementary education. I am also a nanny for a 20 month old and work at a teacher store.

Here's my story. I have always been overweight and in 2006, I decided to take some measures and went to a bariactric doctor. I was on a strict diet of protein shakes, protein and veggies for a year and a half. I went from 247 pounds to 195 pounds before I stopped. I couldn't handle the program and it was aggravating. I went off the diet and gained almost 20 pounds back. In August of 2008, I joined a place called Transformations Advanced Weight Loss- where you are on a 800 calorie diet and take HCG shots. I loved it because I could eat every food group and lost weight. I got down to 202 and became frustrated. In June I went off and tried Weight Watchers, but i ended up gaining weight. So, yesterday I decided to go back on Transformations and weighed in at 215! I never want to get back to 247 pounds. The highest I've been is 219 since 2006 and I don't want to get back there.

It's hard to find support, especially when all of your friends eat whatever they want and don't understand. So, I am looking forward to find all kinds of support here!! I feel accomplished though...I did work out today on the elliptical for an hour and burned 670 calories. I would like to lose 30 pounds by November and I know If I stay motivated (and don't get frustrated) I can do it!!

Can't wait to talk to everyone!!

Danielle
YelleeGil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Danielle,

HCG shots and 800 calories! My, that's drastic! And unhealthy. And you've seen the results of that before, right? Regaining, even when eating a smaller amount of food (like Weight Watchers...on a calorie level where most people would lose, you GAINED...most likely, your metabolism is slower than it might be because you starved yourself on 800 calories a day!).

HCG shot programs are almost always accompanied by a very low calorie diet...well, the losses aren't from the HCG, they're from the drastic calorie reduction. Such reduction should only really be used in extreme cases, with constant monitoring by physicians. Otherwise, it can be really dangerous! Among other side effects of very low calorie diets, you have to worry about gallstones, extreme muscle loss, hairloss...no good.

Why not try a healthier, more balanced approach? We have many boards/areas to look at. Look around at all of the plans that our members have real success on, without resorting to drastic measures and starvation-level diets.

Hope to see you around.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'3

Danielle,
Wow it sounds like you have had quite a time. I feel for you. I too have tried various methods. I am looking for people to talk to and would like supporting others and I am trying to get started again. I hope that we both find what we are looking for here and if you need someone to talk to I would be happy to listen.

Kristina
kmsweetpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Danielle!

I hope you find a healthy plan here that works for you. We're all in this together.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Danielle,

There are lots of folks here who can give better advice than I can.

All I know to really say is to jump into the forums here and look for an approach you can live with for the rest of your life.

I know I can't do another diet. But, I have been, I am, and I will be counting calories and working in exercise for the rest of my life -- one day at a time.

Hope to see you around and best wishes!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:06 AM   #7  

Welcome Danielle!
littlelilly is offline   Reply With Quote