Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Hiya...I'm new

Really new and nervously saying hello to everyone. I'm Jacquie and am on a weight loss, life changing journey. I started my journey before June when I went on a juice feast to cleanse my body; I did my feast for 30 days and lost about 30 pounds. I was 335ish pounds, probably closer to or at 340, and I am now around 270ish. I have continued to lose weight, but struggle with merging myself into a stable lifestyle routine. I'm like a puzzle piece you keep trying to smash into the wrong space. That is pretty much where I'm at lol.

Anyhow, I'm shy and just wanted to say hello.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

No need to be shy (I'm really shy in person, too, but I'm really very comfortable here now, everyone is very nice). Your weight loss is AMAZING. What have you been doing since the juice feast? Calorie counting/special diet?

WELCOME!!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #3  
LA Weight Loss

S/C/G: 156/110/110

Height: 5'0"

Hi Jacquie- nice to meet you!
misserica3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: atkins 06/ 08

Height: 5'5

Hi Jacquie, hope you like it here. lots of really nice people. Best wishes

Last edited by tybeeanna; 10-05-2008 at 11:10 PM.
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:40 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Jacquie -

Look around and find a spot - we're glad you're here! We have groups by eating plan, by age range, etc, and by amount to lose. You might want to check out our 100 lb club (for those who are losing or who have lost 100 lbs or more) or the 300 plus club, to start.

Settle in and get to posting! Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I will be checking out the 100lb and 300+ support sections for sure.

As for my diet, I've been a vegetarian for years, but ate way too many processed foods and dairy. My plan before the juice feast was to merge into a raw food diet and at the time I was hoping to stay on my feast for 60 - 90 days. However, I couldn't get used to the green juices, which are essential during a juice feast as you are only drinking fresh juices. I wasn't getting my calorie intake and was feeling poorly due to that, so I ended the feast after 30ish days, give or take a day or two in there.

I'm merging into a raw food diet, about oh 90% raw foods and a bit of cooked, vegan. I did a lot of soul searching during that feast and ended up changing the way I view food. I can't eat nearly as much as I used to, though I still overeat and turn to food for emotional comfort. Basically I just cleansed myself emotionally and a bit physically. Can't stand sweets that I used to love, too sweet and the thought of cheese makes me ill so no more dairy for me. I love veggies so raw food is for me, but I still love some cooked things, just not the slop I used to eat. I do calorie count and am paying more attention to what is in the food that I eat. I have a long way to go still...

Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote