Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 AM   #1  
I Can Do This!!

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5'7"

Default New and need some motivation

Hello, I am new here and could use some motivation. I have been doing low carb for about 6 weeks. My doctor said I have to eat this way so I am trying really hard. I just keep messing up, not super bad but I have not lost any weight in almost 2 weeks. I have been super good for 2 days now so I am hoping I can get back on track.----><----I am hoping this really cute carrot will whisper words of encouragement in my ear while I try and do something about my weight

Last edited by makingachange; 10-03-2008 at 01:48 AM.
makingachange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:55 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey MakingaChange -

We have a great Carb Counters forum - check it out!

As for motivation...well, this is kind of a pet issue of mine, but I don't think weight loss is really ABOUT motivation. Don't get me wrong - being motivated is great. But motivation comes and goes. Commitment...deciding what you're going to do and sticking with it...really is what carries you through, even if you're not feeling particularly motivated.

We have support groups by age range, by amount to lose, and again, by eating plan, so look around, find a spot or several, and settle in. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'2

Hi makingachange!

I'm new to these boards too, but I have found them to be superhelpful! I like that there are a variety of people on here on a variety of plans, so I can draw insights, advice and help from lots of people doing different things, as well as go to my base of people who are doing what I am doing!

Good luck!
etherence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to 3FC!

As Amanda said, don't wait for the motivation! It may never come. Just get out there and do it. It's all for you.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote