Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #1  

Talking OK, I'm here....now what?

This weekend I had to look at myself in a full length mirror, naked!!! I don't have this problem at home since all my mirrors only show me from the chest up. Anyway, I have a very strong resemblance to a sumo wrestler! No wonder my husband says that he has absololutely no romantic feelings for me! I am 57 years old and have been married for over 35 years. Last year I had a mental "crisis" brought on by problems at work and a lifetime of feeling inferior. My husband still loves me as a friend, but we haven't been intimate in years. I can't make it up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing. Cleaning house is a huge ordeal, work for 5 minutes, rest for 10. I want to feel better, look better, and, yes, I want to have sex again! That mirror was the final shot. I am going to do this, but I'm not sure how just yet.
Babe2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #2  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

First things first! we are so glad you've joined us! I just joined a few weeks ago and I will be honest--this is the first time I have really stuck to an eating plan (I'm doing WeightWatchers online). When I get hungry (starvy-hungry!) I come here and read some goal stories while munching on fruit or veggies. It has helped more than I could have imagined.

Jump right in...find the forum that is right for you (over 50's is a great one!) and get that self esteem back! You deserve it.

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Definitley look around at all the different chats, and post where you feel comfortable, or all over the place! We are a very warm, welcoming community of support and I'm sure you'll love it! Sometimes you just need someone to talk to!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You might want to take a look at our 50+ forum...a group of active folks who fall into that age range. It's a good place to start!

We have many clubs by many different interests or plans, so just look around until you find a good fit, or several, and get going.

Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

C'mon over and join us in the 50+ forum threads. We have a GREAT group of "losers"!

Look around at the different plans, and see what you think would fit best for you. Personally, I LOVE calorie counting - I don't have to deprive myself of favorites (cheese, wine, chocolate for example) and it is FREE!

I hope you will love yourself enough to come back and post often! This site is absolutely fantastic support. I can't imagine trying to travel this weight loss journey without it!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #6  

Welcome Babe2b...you will love this site. I do weight watchers on my own, and spend as much time here as I can. I have fallen off the last few weeks....in all areas. But this site always inspires me to get back on track. Before 3fatchicks, I would feel guily and give up...not now though. Best of luck...you can do it!!
kitley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #8  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Welcome, welcome, welcome. I have some self esteem issues and can relate to a lot of what you have said. First of all, do a little research on ways to improve self esteem. I started a thread in twenty somethings about that a while back. Well, it isn't just a 20 - something issue. It is a women's issue. One thing you can work on is accepting compliments. That is a hard one for me, but it helps. Work on your stamina and confidence.
I was not able to tie my shoes until about 8 weeks of healthy eating and working out. Also, I was not able to get my legs in a good position to be intimate. That all changed just by losing a few lbs, seriously, like 4 lbs. Now it is just a bad memory. Good luck and welcome!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote