Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #1  
93.6lbs to go!

S/C/G: 220/205.6/112

Height: 5'5"

Cool Hi Guys

Hi there everyone!

I'm a newbie here, and just wanted to introduce myself and whatnot.

I'm Jo, 20, a student, and I weigh too much. I'm naturally quite an athletic person, go to the gym 6 days a week, as well as regular hillwalking, dancing, cycling and love workout DVDs too, but because of my weight I'm just not very fit and my downfall is eating. I love food, and I love bad-for-me food, such as Chinese food, pizza, crisps, chocolate and ice cream.

I'm at uni 7 months of the year, which is where it all goes a bit downhill. When I'm at uni I go out about 3 nights a week, and tend to have cocktails (cos its what everyone else is having) and I also tend to eat out a lot when at uni. I have lots of work and stuff to do, so I don't go to the gym as much, and I generally get unfit and gain weight. When I started uni 2 years ago, I weighed 11.5 stone (161lbs!!!) and have gained the 50lbs since at uni.

However, once I'm home from uni, I eat pretty well, sticking to salads and roast chicken and vegetables and fruit and soups, and exercise lots and lots. I tend to lose weight when home from uni.

I'm making excuses though. Basically, I'm fat, I've been fat all my life, I've been dieting for 8 years. I have definitely descended if not into a full-blown eating disorder then certainly to disordered attitudes over the years, and tend to get a bit obsessive.

3 years ago I suffered a blood clot which nearly killed me. I weighed 30lbs less then than I do now, yet I'm not taking the action to get healthy! After I recovered from the blood clot I lost 30lbs, which was great, but as I've already said, I gained it (and more!!!!) back once I got to uni.

There are a million reasons why I want to and should lose this weight. I've set my goal at 112lbs, which is 8 stone, because I'm small built and theorise that this would be a good weight for me, but I'll see what I'm comfortable with and able to maintain once I get to lower weights.

I've done alright so far! Lost 6lbs in the last...9 days? or something. I lost the 30lbs a couple of years ago, so I know I can lose weight if I work hard and just do it! So I hope to get some advice and support here, and who knows?...maybe even impart some wisdom of my own!!

P.S. Does anyone know how I can edit my signature? I'd like to get a tracker going and looked in the CP but it doesn't seem to be an option.

Thanks xx
from220to112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #2  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Hi, Jo!

You can't have a sig file until you've been here 20 days and have at least 20 posts. I think "them's the rules" anyway. I'm still waiting to be trusted with a ticker

Sounds like you are really motivated! I know I've read some goal stories from young 'uns like you, go look at the goal albums and stories. Jump right into a forum where you feel comfortable! You'll find lots of kindred spirits and healthy encouragement.

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Jo! I'm so glad you've found us!

We have a great 20-somethings group you might want to check out. We also have the 100 lb club, a group of those who are on their way to losing or have lost 100 lbs or more. Otherwise, we have forums by plan and some miscellaneous clubs, so you should be able to find a spot or two where you fit in perfectly.

Get going! Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Jo and

I bet you'll find others struggling with weight gain and college in our twentysomethings forum.

Best of luck to you.
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #5  

Hello and welcome Jo!!! I'm also new here and I just wanted to wish you good luck on your journey.
Joslynn is offline   Reply With Quote