Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/204/160

Height: 5'4"

Default ~~New to 3fc!! :)

Hi Everyone!! after all day of waiting I can finally post on here lol.
I am a hot mess right now, and want to LOOSE SOME MAJOR weight!! I have read alot of posts but alot fail to tell what ppl are actually doing to lose weight. And to ALL who have lost alot already! the results i have seen are amazing!! WOW!! I started my weight loss yesturday, i am 5'4" and 204.2 lbs. My goal is to be at least 160. But summer of "06" i was 175 and to me i looked sickly skinny especially in my face, i wore a size 12 in jeans and was happy. All my weight is chest, belly and hips. I have had 4 kids so i know my belly will never be anything but flabby lol but im ok with that. I am going to order all the jillian Micheals, biggest loser dvds and the cookbook as well as the calorie counter. I walk the treadmill everyday 30 minutes to an hour. I would just like to know what everyone is doing to loose it all and how fast they have been looseing.
thearmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 151/148/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey Armylife! I'm very new here myself, but no stranger to weight loss attempts, successes and failures. I can tell you I know what works for me. Eat Less, Move More. In the eat less category, I am a lifer with Weight Watchers (they wouldn't know me if I slapped them though because I'm meeting-phobic at this point). Exercise --- I've done them all and they all work if you do them.

I recommend WW to people, but the truth is the "right" diet is a very individual thing. I know support from places like this blog are invaluable. Good Luck to you!
HowdIGetHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

thearmylife
Glad you have joined us.

I'm calorie counting. I started keeping a journal of every bite July 23. The journal really helped me become aware of just how much I was eating. I'm making small changes, little by little. Switching to unsweet tea, putting my treadmill to use, trading my morning biscuit for yogurt and cereal. I've always loved water, but I make sure I get plenty of that too.

There's lots of advice and support and inspiration here. I'm sure you'll find just what you need to help you on your journey. Best wishes
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #4  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome thearmylife, I agree with Kelleigh, keeping a food journal is key! I'm sort of a calorie counter, meaning somethings I really don't know the caloric content of. I try to keep my portions resonable, and I probably eat about six times a day. I also try to get 60 minutes of cardio six days a week, but it seems I always end up with five days
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

to 3fatchicks! I love this site as everyone here is so supportive and inspirational. I have been doing Weight Watchers at home and love the flexibility of it.

Good Luck,

Jo
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there &

A goal weight is a tricky thing. The weight the scale says we are is only really part of the equation. Like you were saying, you were 175 and that seemed fine for you. Weight doesn't equal fat. You'll know what your body is comfortable with as you get down towards your own individual best body weight.

You sound like you've got a solid plan. Make small changes & stick with them.

I've been a Weight Watchers member for about 17 months now. I've lost 100 lbs within that time. Still more to go, but I'm very happy with my progress. It's hard work! But, it feels very worth it.

Hope to see you around the boards often!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #7  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

So glad you are here You will know when you are at the right weight! Hang in there. What sometimes gets me over a bump in the road is going and reading the "mini goal" or "goal" albums and photos. Those are so encouraging to me!

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck. I am a calorie counter and plan all meals ahead of time. I know how many calories I am gong to eat during the day. I eat 6 times a day, 3 meals and 3 snacks.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote