Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-03-2008, 12:57 AM   #1  

Default Back Again (SureSlimmer for Life!)

I am not totally new here. I made my introductions last year but really failed to follow up on my good intentions (not at all really) to start my new life. Last year was a bit of a nightmare for me all around. Let down personally and professionally and really slumped to probably my all time low. I have been much better the early part of 2008 but haven't been in the frame of mind to pursue my weightloss goals until now. I knew there was no point in starting until I was in the right head space and in the right headspace I am.

I have decided that I am not going to focus on numbers. I know I am big but I haven't weighed myself in at least 6 months. I want to focus on how I feel and looking at these changes to my life, not as temporary but permanent.

I lost over 40kgs a few years ago following the SureSlim program. I suffered a few traumas while I was sailing along and through my own self doubt I would say, let the program slip. It is the biggest regret I have because I know that, for me, this program works and will save my life.

I have recently started back following the program. I am not attending the clinic and as I said, have decided to gauge my results by feel rather than by numbers. I know that I have already lost quite a lot of weight (or perhaps fluid is a better description at this early stage) because my jeans are falling off and my clothes in general are much more comfortable. The last time I started the program I lost about 6kgs in the first week so I am expecting that I have had a dramatic fall on the scales to match the dramatic lift in my sense of wellbeing.

I know that SureSlim is not a heavily featured program on this board but I hope there are a few others like me who are having success with the program and would like to chat. I am always inspired by what I read when I come here. Keep up the great work everyone.

Thanks for reading.
liftingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:05 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Back

I'm not sure what SureSlim is but you could start out by asking the chickies in the General Diet Plans section http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Good luck !!!! and its good you found your way back.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Back!

You're ready when you're ready. And now is the time.

You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #4  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Glad to have you here, you sound very motivated!

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:16 AM   #5  

Hi All, thanks for the welcome messages. Still going strong 3 weeks in. I am always amazed at how I feel on this program. Will check out the general diet area... thanks for the tip!
liftingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:39 AM   #6  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Wow, good for you! Three weeks is wonderful. Hang in there and so glad you have found your way to us again!

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote