Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/210/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Another new walker on the long road

Hi everyone! My name's Effie and I wanted to introduce myself to all you lovely people. I just found this site on Monday and it's exactly what I need to stay on track this time. I started a blog and put a pretty long "About me" section in it, so if you want to know way too much about me, check out my blog

But just a little bit about me: I'm turning 23 next week and when I did my first weigh-in on Monday, I weighed 211. I never thought I would let myself get over 200 pounds, and here I am, plus some. I've been overweight for 5 or so years, and am getting disturbed at how comfortable I am at being overweight, if that makes sense. I'm just too used to it. I know that if I don't do something about it now, really do something about, I'm going to end up at 300 pounds wondering how the **** it happened. So this week I started doing something about it!

I've been a vegan for 4 years, so I don't have to worry about cutting things like meat and dairy out of my diet. So my plan is to eat a better balanced diet. So more veggies, beans, fruits, and nuts - less carbs, my huge problem. I also started the Couch-to-5K this week, so if anyone has started that recently, I'd love to talk about it! I'm so, sooo out of shape and hate exercising, but I'm doing ok so far (and I just love saying that I'm training for a 5K, haha). My goal is to get down to 135 in one year, and just be overall more healthy than I am now.

Well, I guess that's about it. I'd love to meet some new people! Thanks for reading
yourname in thesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Effie!

Oh believe me, it's so easy to get "comfortable" and skyrocket to 300+... scary easy.

But we've got some great support group areas you may want to check out. There's the 20-somethings... the Vegetarian & Vegan area... and even an Exercise section where many-MANY 3FCers have begun the C25K program.

Make sure to take your time, check many boards out, and post wherever you are comfortable!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:37 AM   #3  

Thanks so much Faerie!
Old 08-31-2008, 12:02 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Welcome to the site. I love your avatar....too cute!
VivienStarlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:09 AM   #5  

Haha, thank you