Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Hello from the Windy City!

Hi everyone ,

I just found this site and joined yesterday. I'm looking for a place to go and get support when I need it. I'm 46 and starting off at 225 lbs. A few years ago I weighed 265. I lost 70 lbs, but put back 30 of them. I need to take off the 30 again then take off another 50!

I'm going to try this in 25 lb increments. I'm a stress-eater and I know I gained back the weight by going back to my old eating habits and not going for my daily walk. I'm going to work on this one day at a time.

I also would like to know how I can add one of those goal trackers to my message. I need all the inspiration I can get.

I look forward to making many new friends!
- Windy City G

WindyCityG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there!

Congratulations on the weight you've taken off so far. Wonderful!

One day, one moment at a time is all we really have, isn't it? You can do this!!!

The weight trackers become available after 20 days & 20 posts. See here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145563

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #3  
carinna

! I think breaking up your goal into 25 lb. increments is a fantastic idea. Sometimes having a huge number hanging over your head can be very discouraging and the pressure gets too much. Best of luck to you in your journey and I hope to see you around the boards here.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I guess I need to wait about two weeks before I can add the tracker. That's ok because I will be able to start it out on the downslide!
WindyCityG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

glad your here.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:13 AM   #6  

Welcome!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:13 AM   #7  

Hey WindyCityG!

I am also from Chitown, I joined a few days ago but I haven't done much posting. I lost 150 lbs and have gained all of it back but I am not giving up. What part of town are you from?
HelenKellerMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:03 AM   #8  

I know the bakery!! I am in the pullman area...Near the Bishop Ford. I hope we go all the way both teams. It would be cool to see. I just started too I am struggling but refuse to give up. I can't post privately yet but my son is a Cubs Fan and I am a Sox Fan.
HelenKellerMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:45 AM   #9  
47er

S/C/G: 215/191/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi fellow newbie

I m must have missed you before. Welcome and you are in the right place. There are alot of forums but the one I like the most so far is the 40somethings cause it has folks our age. I am 46 too and we started about the same weight and have the same long term go. Look foward to see you around!

Karen
dolphinlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #10  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Thumbs up

Welcome from one newbie to the other,
I am very excited bout this community and I think you will be too. I have been greeted very warmly by everyone. I am looking forward to getting my tracker too. Just think of how much we can loose in the 20 days we have to wait, well it's now 17 days for me I think. Hope to see ya around the boards sometime. I plan to visit the Weight Watchers Flex today myself. Have you decided on an eating program yet?

Christina
ChristinaGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote