Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/224/130

Height: 5 ft 2 in

Smile Newbie..Starting Phase 1 South Beach Diet..

Hi! My name is Theresa and I am from TEXAS! I have 4 kids the youngest is about to be 18 and a senior. I am ready to focus on me and get healthy and fit. Through the years I have just let myself go. I am ready for a change! I have a gym membership and intend on using it atleast 3 days a week. I just had Gall Bladder surgery last Sunday so my excercise is limited. Tomorrow will be my first day on South Beach. Anyone here who has any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

I am hoping to find lots of support and ideas on here.

Thanks and God Bless!
lotstoolooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:39 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Theresa! Wow, way to go on the exercise plans, but be sure to give yourself lots of time to recover...you don't want to hurt yourself after surgery!

Have you seen our South Beach board? It's very active and supportive. You also might look at the 100 lb club, a group of folks who are losing or have lost 100 lbs or so.

Settle in, find a spot or many, and keep posting. Can't wait to get to know you better, and best wishes on a speedy recovery!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:36 AM   #3  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Default Hi there!

Definitely check out the SBD forum, you'll need all their tips, recipes, and support.

And make sure you're eating your beans and dairy! Don't exercise this first week! You may feel sick- don't quit, it's just your body readjusting to this new way of eating. After 3 days, you're going to feel great!

Good luck, and come join us in the south beach forum.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Theresa! We're happy to have you joining us! Come on over to the South Beach forum and introduce yourself? We'd love to have you on board!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/261/155

Height: 5'6"

You will find lots of support and ideas here. I am still kind of new here too. Glad to hear that you are ready to focus on yourself. Do not rush into exercise too soon after having gall bladder surgery, let your body recover from that. Welcome and good luck to you.
dmz1962 is offline   Reply With Quote