Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Arrow Dare 4 Distance

Hello my name is Cindy and i am 20yrs. I live n Southern California. I am looking for a support system because i am lacking one here at my house. Everyone is everywhere and has their own agenda and i am not part of that.

Anyways...i am planning on joining the Air Force. I want to get into shape b4 i go. I take my ASVAB on AUG 27th.... As of right now i currently weigh 155-160. I am standing in at 5'4.... By aug 27th i want to lose 10pds. That is realistic right???

My biggest problem for me is my stomach. Most of my weight is there. So if anyone wouldnt mind being the person i come to please let me know. I need someone or all to help me in my journey to losing the weight. My big goal is to lose 30pds by November.

Last edited by MzKeYs03; 07-28-2008 at 12:57 AM.
MzKeYs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . lots of support around here, Chickie . . . glad you found us.

Losing 10 pounds in a month might be stretching things a bit, most experts suggest that the most sustainable and healthy plans are those that never drop below 1200 calories a day and on which you lose between 1 and 2 pounds a week.

What do you have in mind for your eating and exercising regimens?
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

@ Cindy

to 3FC's

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #4  

Thank you guys for replying to my message.

Oh okay. What plan do you suggest i should do? I want something i will continue to do. I want to change the way i eat, i am very open to any suggesten you might have. Im 5ft 4...weigh 160.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
. . . lots of support around here, Chickie . . . glad you found us.

Losing 10 pounds in a month might be stretching things a bit, most experts suggest that the most sustainable and healthy plans are those that never drop below 1200 calories a day and on which you lose between 1 and 2 pounds a week.

What do you have in mind for your eating and exercising regimens?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Take a look at all the basic plans that have lots of space devoted to them over in Diet Central . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102.

A lot of the GI/GL plans are popular right now (like Sugar Busters, South Beach, and many newer ones too). Weight Watchers is always a popular choice and some of the controlled Carb plans. A lot of people have great success adapting one of the popular plans to be more suitable for their own type of life.

Bottom line . . . do not think DIET . . . think LIFESTYLE CHANGE . . . that's pretty much the only way to be successful over the long haul. So you must find a way of eating that you feel you can do forever.

For me . . . it's a combination of a low GI/GL plan and Volumetrics . . . but because it works for me (albeit slowly) doesn't mean it is the best route for anyone else.

Good luck on finding your own winning combination . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #6  

thank you!!!