Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-07-2008, 01:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/205/145

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello All!

Hi, I've been lurking for a few days, mostly around the diabetes and veggie boards and I'm very impressed with the group, so I'm ready to "unlurk."

I've been trying to lose the baby weight for a while...well, a very long while, since my baby will be celebrating her 15th birthday in September.

My "scare" to kick my rear into gear this time was an extremely high HbA1c level of 13.8 while on medication. (That basically means that my blood glucose level was on average about 4 times higher than it should have been during the three months prior to the test.) My doctor said insulin would be a necessity within a year if I didn't change anything and this is something that I want to avoid at all costs. My biggest goals are to be off all meds and be at a healthy weight.

I work with a bunch of guys who can eat 4000 calories a day and not gain an ounce, so I'm thrilled that I stumbled upon this group!
tofuhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Tofuhead!

Glad you've seen the Diabetes and Vegetarian Chicks forums!

You are definitely on the right track, coming here, posting, and getting control of your diabetes before insulin becomes necessary. Stick around and keep posting! We've got a great group here to provide support, encouragement, and advice.

Can't wait to see you around soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:55 AM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 420/396/350

Height: 5'1"

Hi Tofuhead, Welcome!
BIG B00TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:58 AM   #4  
willowkaii

S/C/G: 165/148/133

Height: 5'3"